Error copying multiple files to share drive

On trying to copy files from a Win2k laptop to a folder on a
network shared drive I get the following error message.

Error: An error occurred trying to copy some or all of the
selected files.

The first file always copies ok, everything else fails.
Failure occures with explorer, dragging and dropping and
from within Excel, Powerpoint, Word etc. Have to close both
the application and the window into the shared drive, re-open
both and the copy the next file.

I get the same error whether I am trying to copy all the
files at once or one at a time. First alwasy succeeds, the
rest fail.

Could not find any information from the knowledgebase or
the forums on this particular problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Magcom

Hi
Have you tried using xcopy from the command prompt? this
usually works when drag and drop fails.

Start-->run--->cmd---->enter
and enter 'xcopy /?' for syntax

good luck