Failed Redundancy on mirrired drives

Hello!

One of my Win2k Servers has 2 identical drives that are mirrored. While
checking Disk Manager this morning, I see that the drives are both there,
but both reported as "Failed Redundancy". Disk 0 has a yellow triangle with
an exclamation mark on it.

Which disk is the current, "good" disk? The one with or without the yellow
triangle?

My disk options at this point include "Reactivate Disk". The volume options
include "Remove Mirror".

What is the proper procedure for continuing? The only MS KB articles I
could find dealt with replacing a missing drive.

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about failed redundancy mirrired drives

    Dee Bee

    The good disk is the one that hasn't got the warning sign.

    First, try to reactivate the problem disk. If this doesn't work, create a
    boot diskette, replace the failed disk (then the failed disk will be
    "missing"), and then proceed as this MS Knowledge Base article instructs:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=313061

    Best regards

    Bjorn

    "Dee Bee" <db2853@whycertainly.net> wrote:

    >Hello!
    >
    >One of my Win2k Servers has 2 identical drives that are mirrored. While
    >checking Disk Manager this morning, I see that the drives are both there,
    >but both reported as "Failed Redundancy". Disk 0 has a yellow triangle with
    >an exclamation mark on it.
    >
    >Which disk is the current, "good" disk? The one with or without the yellow
    >triangle?
    >
    >My disk options at this point include "Reactivate Disk". The volume options
    >include "Remove Mirror".
    >
    >What is the proper procedure for continuing? The only MS KB articles I
    >could find dealt with replacing a missing drive.
    >
    >Thanks!

File System Microsoft Windows