svchost.exe

sharon

I have a virus on this file...can I simply replace the
file without reloading windows 2000?? If so, how do I get
a copy of the file?
Thanks

You can replace it (but from another OS starting).

Check for viruses the file C:\Windows\system32\dllcache\svchost.exe. If it
is healthy, you can just copy it to C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe and
replace the file that has a virus.

If it's not healthy, copy it from you distribution disk. i386/svchost.ex_
It's a archive file you have to extract it.

Use the command:
expand SVCHOST.EX_ SVCHOST.EXE

Don't forget replace all the copies af the file
(C:\Windows\system32\dllcache\svchost.exe and

"Sharon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a virus on this file...can I simply replace the
> file without reloading windows 2000?? If so, how do I get
> a copy of the file?
> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS