problems with epson r200 CD printing

I have never had problems with this before but now am getting message
that CD/DVD tray is not set correctly. I have reset tray and pressed
paper button but still get same error message. I have done this about
ten times and it is driving me bananas.... I have also "cleaned" the
rollers by feeding and ejecting A4 size plain paper as advised in the
manual. The low ink indicator is also flashing but I have just printed
coloured pictures on paper without any problem and can't believe this
is the reason for the problem.....
HELP!

rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com wrote:
> I have never had problems with this before but now am getting message
> that CD/DVD tray is not set correctly. I have reset tray and pressed
> paper button but still get same error message. I have done this about
> ten times and it is driving me bananas.... I have also "cleaned" the
> rollers by feeding and ejecting A4 size plain paper as advised in the
> manual. The low ink indicator is also flashing but I have just printed
> coloured pictures on paper without any problem and can't believe this
> is the reason for the problem.....
> HELP!

I've noticed with my R200 that the CD tray feeds erratically at first
when I start to print on a disc. If I give the tray a bit of help with
my finger, it will usually feed OK. I really doubt that it is going to
last to the end of the warranty.

Once it feeds the CD, it does a good job. I've never run a piece of
paper through it so I don't know how that feeds.

John

zakezuke

> The low ink indicator is also flashing but I have just printed
> coloured pictures on paper without any problem and can't believe this
> is the reason for the problem.....
> HELP!

I can't help you resolve the issue with your r200. I can only share
that I had issues with my r200 and while it got replaced under warranty
with a free batch of ink... knowing then what I know now I don't think
it needed repair but rather ink managed to slosh on an important
reflector causing the head to act like a lost puppy. I would suspect
either this or the reflectors... the 4 retangular white marks on the
tray may have become warn. Mine certainly did after the 200th cd. In
the states they give out free replacement trays like hotcakes. I've
had luck using spray oil based white primer my self.

The blinking light is worrysome... I don't know the error codes nor do
I know how much you have printed with the printer but it might be
telling you that you are either low on ink or the nappy is full of ink.
I don't have a good service manual with the error codes printed.
Unless someone here can say what that means by all means talk with
epson... get a free replacement tray while your at it.

All r200 owners should open up the rear door, small retangular
protected by a singular screw in the back, pull out the waste ink tube,
and route the waste ink to something you can dump easily. Those
nappies fill up quickly... and the end user can't replace them.... and
the service if out of warranty costs close to the value of the printer.
If you route your waste ink you can reset the nappy counter to 0 with
the scc utlility.
http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

They are spiffy printers in terms of photo quality, just a pain in the
tookus in some areas.

In article <1121983441.303123.148780@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com () wrote:

> ...am getting message that CD/DVD tray is not set correctly.

I don't have an R200 but is it possible that it's the paper (media)
thickness lever that's in the wrong position?

I seem to recall getting a similar, misleading error message when I first
tried printing a CD in my 2100.

Jon.

I am using the Epson PRINT CD interface so assume this is the Epson CD
printing driver you are referring to....

John Worman wrote:

> rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com wrote:
>
>> I have never had problems with this before but now am getting message
>> that CD/DVD tray is not set correctly. I have reset tray and pressed
>> paper button but still get same error message. I have done this about
>> ten times and it is driving me bananas.... I have also "cleaned" the
>> rollers by feeding and ejecting A4 size plain paper as advised in the
>> manual. The low ink indicator is also flashing but I have just printed
>> coloured pictures on paper without any problem and can't believe this
>> is the reason for the problem.....
>> HELP!
>>
> I've noticed with my R200 that the CD tray feeds erratically at first
> when I start to print on a disc.

In this regard, the entire R series Epson Printers suffer from this
engineering defect.

Jon O'Brien wrote:

>In article <1121983441.303123.148780@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
>rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com () wrote:
>

>>...am getting message that CD/DVD tray is not set correctly.
>>

>I don't have an R200 but is it possible that it's the paper (media)
>thickness lever that's in the wrong position?
>
>I seem to recall getting a similar, misleading error message when I first
>tried printing a CD in my 2100.
>
>Jon.

As usual you do not know what you are talking about. It is common
knowledge that every Epson R series printer is defective when it comes
to this problem. Every one. It will happen sooner or later. It is in
the design.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

measekite wrote:

It is in the design.
<-------------------->

Design? You're the idiot who can't put two words together and you're
telling us about engineering design.
Don't make me laugh.

Frank

Nice to know that I am not alone on this....:)
I have printed on no more than twenty CDs.
I am sure the low ink indicator has nothing to do with it as I have had
no problem printing onto paper.
I am not sure how to route waste ink tube - you mean just pull it out
and put a bowl underneath?

Nice to know that I am not alone on this....:)
I have printed on no more than twenty CDs.
I am sure the low ink indicator has nothing to do with it as I have had

no problem printing onto paper.
I am not sure how to route waste ink tube - you mean just pull it out
and put a bowl underneath?

I am using Epson Print CD program so I think this is same as Epson
Print CD driver

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>
> It is in the design.
> <-------------------->
>
> Design? You're the idiot who can't put two words together and you're
> telling us about engineering design.
> Don't make me laugh.
>
> Frank

WHY NOT YOU ARE A JOKE

zakezuke wrote:

>>The low ink indicator is also flashing but I have just printed
>>coloured pictures on paper without any problem and can't believe this
>>is the reason for the problem.....
>>HELP!
>>

>I can't help you resolve the issue with your r200. I can only share
>that I had issues with my r200 and while it got replaced under warranty
>with a free batch of ink... knowing then what I know now I don't think
>it needed repair but rather ink managed to slosh on an important
>reflector causing the head to act like a lost puppy. I would suspect
>either this or the reflectors... the 4 retangular white marks on the
>tray may have become warn. Mine certainly did after the 200th cd. In
>the states they give out free replacement trays like hotcakes. I've
>had luck using spray oil based white primer my self.
>
>The blinking light is worrysome... I don't know the error codes nor do
>I know how much you have printed with the printer but it might be
>telling you that you are either low on ink or the nappy is full of ink.
> I don't have a good service manual with the error codes printed.
>Unless someone here can say what that means by all means talk with
>epson... get a free replacement tray while your at it.
>
>All r200 owners should open up the rear door, small retangular
>protected by a singular screw in the back, pull out the waste ink tube,
>and route the waste ink to something you can dump easily. Those
>nappies fill up quickly... and the end user can't replace them.... and
>the service if out of warranty costs close to the value of the printer.
> If you route your waste ink you can reset the nappy counter to 0 with
>the scc utlility.
>http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml
>
>They are spiffy printers in terms of photo quality, just a pain in the
>tookus in some areas.

WHAT IS TOOKUS

rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com schrieb:

> I have never had problems with this before but now am getting message
> that CD/DVD tray is not set correctly. I have reset tray and pressed
> paper button but still get same error message. I have done this about
> ten times and it is driving me bananas.... I have also "cleaned" the
> rollers by feeding and ejecting A4 size plain paper as advised in the
> manual. The low ink indicator is also flashing but I have just printed
> coloured pictures on paper without any problem and can't believe this
> is the reason for the problem.....
> HELP!

Are you sure you are applying the special Epson CD printing driver? I had the same
problem but found out that I had tried to print using some other CD paper label
driver.
Herb

In article <g4ZDe.19650$NU2.18168@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
inkystinky@oem.com (measekite) wrote:

> >I don't have an R200 but is it possible that it's the paper (media)
> >thickness lever that's in the wrong position?

> As usual you do not know what you are talking about.

Read my comment (you can move your lips if it helps). I said I don't have
an R200 and was asking if my suggestion was a possible cause, not stating
categorically that it is the cause.

Unlike you, I'm happy to admit that there are many things I don't know.
One of which is why you take such delight in publicly demonstrating what a
fool you are.

Jon.

In article <1122024627.355937.143240@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com () wrote:

> There is no thickness lever that I can see on r200

Guess it's not that, then.

Jon.

<rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com> wrote in message
> I have never had problems with this before but now am getting message
> that CD/DVD tray is not set correctly. I have reset tray and pressed
> paper button but still get same error message. I have done this about
> ten times and it is driving me bananas.... I have also "cleaned" the
> rollers by feeding and ejecting A4 size plain paper as advised in the
> manual. The low ink indicator is also flashing but I have just printed
> coloured pictures on paper without any problem and can't believe this
> is the reason for the problem.....
> HELP!

IF the thin clear plastic strip at the end of the tray gets bent just a tiny
bit it will cause the tray not to load... Easy fix, remove the plastic
strip problem solved!

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

measekite wrote:

> Jon O'Brien wrote:
>
>> In article <1121983441.303123.148780@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
>> rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com () wrote:
>>

>>> ...am getting message that CD/DVD tray is not set correctly.
>>>

>> I don't have an R200 but is it possible that it's the paper (media)
>> thickness lever that's in the wrong position?
>>
>> I seem to recall getting a similar, misleading error message when I
>> first tried printing a CD in my 2100.
>>
>> Jon.
>>

> As usual you do not know what you are talking about. It is common
> knowledge that every Epson R series printer is defective when it comes
> to this problem. Every one. It will happen sooner or later. It is in
> the design.

Kettle pot black! Obviously you also do not know what you are talking
about.

So my R210 and R1800 both have the same problem - Bull.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

zakezuke wrote:

>>The low ink indicator is also flashing but I have just printed
>>coloured pictures on paper without any problem and can't believe this
>>is the reason for the problem.....
>>HELP!
>

> I can't help you resolve the issue with your r200. I can only share
> that I had issues with my r200 and while it got replaced under warranty
> with a free batch of ink... knowing then what I know now I don't think
> it needed repair but rather ink managed to slosh on an important
> reflector causing the head to act like a lost puppy. I would suspect
> either this or the reflectors... the 4 retangular white marks on the
> tray may have become warn. Mine certainly did after the 200th cd. In
> the states they give out free replacement trays like hotcakes. I've
> had luck using spray oil based white primer my self.
>
> The blinking light is worrysome... I don't know the error codes nor do
> I know how much you have printed with the printer but it might be
> telling you that you are either low on ink or the nappy is full of ink.
> I don't have a good service manual with the error codes printed.
> Unless someone here can say what that means by all means talk with
> epson... get a free replacement tray while your at it.
>
> All r200 owners should open up the rear door, small retangular
> protected by a singular screw in the back, pull out the waste ink tube,
> and route the waste ink to something you can dump easily. Those
> nappies fill up quickly... and the end user can't replace them.... and
> the service if out of warranty costs close to the value of the printer.
> If you route your waste ink you can reset the nappy counter to 0 with
> the scc utlility.
> http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml
>
> They are spiffy printers in terms of photo quality, just a pain in the
> tookus in some areas.

Mine I think the problem being that the tray does not grip to feed in
and I use finger pressure assistance.

The R800/1800 is different design in the feed/tray mechanism. I still
prefer the R210 feed its quicker if printing heaps of CD's.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jon O'Brien wrote:
> In article <1122024627.355937.143240@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
> rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com () wrote:
>

>>There is no thickness lever that I can see on r200
>

> Guess it's not that, then.
>
> Jon.

When you open the CD lid/flap?? the heads raise to accommodate the CD
tray. Its auto like.

In article
<42e0fb03$0$784$61c65585@un-2park-reader-02.sydney.pipenetworks.com.au>,
mesa@mine.com (Rob) wrote:

> When you open the CD lid/flap?? the heads raise to accommodate the CD
> tray. Its auto like.

Makes more sense than the lever tucked away at the rear right of the 2100.
There are symbols alongside it which represent the various settings but
they're impossible to see unless you have access to the right side of the
printer.

Jon.