"AMD To Complete Expansion Suzhou Plant by 2008"

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Good news for the asian market which means more and faster delivery of AMD products.

Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) has set a goal of completing a capacity expansion at the company's CPU packaging and testing facility in Suzhou, Jiangsu Province (China), by 2008, according to Vanoy Wong, the VP of AMD Greater China Sales. A number of factory buildings will be added to the Suzhou plant, said Wong, who didn't reveal any further details of the capacity-expansion plan.

AMD's packaging plant in Suzhou commenced volume production in April 2005, said Wang, adding that the plant undertakes approximately a third of AMD's total packaging capacity, worldwide, at present. AMD has aggressively expanded operations in China, in an attempt to bring its services closer to local customers, with the formation of a Greater China headquarters in Beijing in September 2004 and a recently-announced R&D center in Shanghai, according to Wang.

http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20060824A5023.html

djkrypplephite

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
Why do you feel the need to post every damn AMD article you find? They're becoming more and more useless, like AMD's ability to deliver in China. NOBODY HERE CARES.

Go find some more anti-Conroe articles so you can look stupid again.

mad_fitzy

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
Mate, your making a fool of yourself and you do it over and over again. Why have you not learned from constant flames from 90% of the forum users. Just let it go, peacefully.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Good news for the asian market which means more and faster delivery of AMD products.

Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) has set a goal of completing a capacity expansion at the company's CPU packaging and testing facility in Suzhou, Jiangsu Province (China), by 2008, according to Vanoy Wong, the VP of AMD Greater China Sales. A number of factory buildings will be added to the Suzhou plant, said Wong, who didn't reveal any further details of the capacity-expansion plan.

AMD's packaging plant in Suzhou commenced volume production in April 2005, said Wang, adding that the plant undertakes approximately a third of AMD's total packaging capacity, worldwide, at present. AMD has aggressively expanded operations in China, in an attempt to bring its services closer to local customers, with the formation of a Greater China headquarters in Beijing in September 2004 and a recently-announced R&D center in Shanghai, according to Wang.

http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20060824A5023.html

Heres a thought:
Why dont you move there and apply for a job

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm upset the other thread got locked before anyone won the trophy. :cry:

I was sure someone would point out that moron was misspelled.

lol, it was toooooo easy. I was about to post a plucked parrot picture in response, but Jake locked it before I could :cry:

Peace

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
I hope Jack recharged the batteries in his lock counter. :D

Can one of you geniuses explain to me what's wrong with posting news about CPUs on a CPU forum?

There are only two PC CPU manufs, so ANY news will be about one of them. Intel isn't making alot of news. AMD is. Maybe you should tell the news agancies and sites to stop posting AMD news.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Can one of you geniuses explain to me what's wrong with posting news about CPUs on a CPU forum?

There are only two PC CPU manufs, so ANY news will be about one of them. Intel isn't making alot of news. AMD is. Maybe you should tell the news agancies and sites to stop posting AMD news.

And the other member of the dream team speaks :?

Baron, you know theres nothing wrong with posting news, however:

1) most people here can find it for themselves

2) most people here dont want it rammed up their arses when they've already found it or will be looking for it

3) theres a big difference between posting news and advertising

4) as Jack, AM, Spud and every other regular has pointed out ENDLESSLY,
9 inch doesnt read the entire article

5) as Jack, AM, Spud and every other regular has pointed out ENDLESSLY,
9 inch takes only the text he wants and quotes it

6)as Jack, AM, Spud and every other regular has pointed out ENDLESSLY,
9 inch either through ignorance or deliberate intent, uses the information OUT OF CONTEXT to try to validate false assumptions

7)as Jack, AM, Spud and every other regular has pointed out ENDLESSLY,
posts and runs without backing up his BS

8)as Jack, AM, Spud and every other regular has pointed out ENDLESSLY,
9 inch is trolling, posting FUD and attempting to convince the uniformed that he is right by taking that information out of context

9) For you: as Jack, AM, Spud and every other regular has pointed out ENDLESSLY, you are so blind to reality, that you are incapable of accepting/understanding reality as well as distinguishing between proper and improper behavior

Thats why

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006

It is not about posting AMD articles. It is about posting biased or out of context remarks, and not defending them. While I don't always agree with your views, at least you defend yourself, and I respect that.

As far as this particular thread goes, why was this posted, it's a packaging plant. How is that really relevant to the forum. Yes, it will benefit AMD in China, but to what relevance? To start a thread because somebody mentioned AMD in an article is absurd.

If the article mentioned specific structuring, or actual performance benefit numbers for AMD, then I would agree that it would be a valid topic.

If I were to post an article about Intel opening a plant in Ethiopia to print instruction manuals, would you find that relevant?

mabaty

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
Who cares? I would rather just read his post and close it than to read 20 reply's by 3 people, who jumped on the post like flies on sh*t to flame it, just do not post any response at all and let the post fade away, now all thats happening is its getting bumped...

Simpsons_Scream_Lo.jpg

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Ya know, I forgot the most important reasons

Have you noticed how violently you and 9 inch get flamed?

Most people at THG forums have grown beyond the 8 year old "my daddy's better than your daddy" level of maturity that 9 inch argues from. This is a CPU forum. We are discussing glorified chunks of silicon. Here’s the clue: A CPU IS A TOOL. An object with which work can be accomplished more easily. An object which can be used to facilitate entertainment.
It is not anyone’s daddy. It is not a religious or social ideal. AMD and Intel are not Satan or God. They are companies. Very very few people give a crap about equating companies with ideals. All they want is the best value for their hard earned dollars. Theorizing about what may or may not be, 2 years down the road does little to fill a vacant spot in the "tool shed" today. Reading babble about something that doesn’t yet exist and may or may not ever exist doesn’t get the work done today, and it wastes time

I've told this so many times now, I've lost count.
I loved my AMD's. They've done the work I’ve tasked them with, and done it well. I have had great respect for AMDs accomplishments and methodology. In short, I am a fan of AMD

You and 9 inch do nothing to encourage me. You make me ashamed to like AMD, as doing so identifies and equates me with you. As a result, you and 9 inch actually make me dislike AMD. Why? The relentless pounding of BS you, 9 inch MMM and Shariboobala subject the readers of this forum to.

Core 2 out performs AM2. Period. Fact. You and 9 inch running amuck in the forum like sniveling children whining "but AMD did this and AMD did that, and AMD's going to do the other" doesn’t change the reality of now and the next 6 months.

AM2 was (and still is) a solid CPU. But Core 2 out performs it. Making excuses, wild claims and being deliberately misleading doesn’t change this.
All it does is piss people off who know how to read a benchmark chart.

In short, it’s a case of the boy who cried wolf. You and 9 inch have lied so many times, that people are sick and tired of it. When you or 9 inch actually post something truthful and relevant, people disregard it out of habit, because they are used to your habit of BSisng

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
3) theres a big difference between posting news and advertising
From one genius to another, I say, nicely stated! :p

[bows head in humble denial]
Thank you very much for the compliment. Alas, I must respectfully decline as I believe point #3 is obvious to everyone, with the exception of those in denial. I mearly happened to post it before anyone else could...the right place at the right time.{shrug}

Peace

MarcusL

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
07-minister.jpg

"Intel has never made CPUs, we will hit them with shoes."

"The Intel press is all about lies! All they tell is lies, lies and more lies!"

WeLoveTehAMDInformationMinister.com

You gotta read his threads just to get a good laugh.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
07-minister.jpg

"Intel has never made CPUs, we will hit them with shoes."

"The Intel press is all about lies! All they tell is lies, lies and more lies!"

WeLoveTehAMDInformationMinister.com

You gotta read his threads just to get a good laugh.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WR

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
As far as I can tell, so far you posters have promptly replied to and debunked each biased thread 9-inch has started, which seems to be all his threads. That's all that needs to be done for the casual reader who isn't familiar with his reputation.

I am not sure what 9-inch is attempting so vainly. If it's to get us to buy AMD procs, he isn't doing much. Those of us who go after performance and have a little change to spare will bid on Conroes anyway, whereas those of us who want just enough to get by will find cheap but decent Athlon64s.

There is no need to be an AMD or Intel fan. Both companies have triumphed, both have made mistakes, both have illustrated all the corporate vices such as greed, paper launches, sly marketing.

The problems of Intel seem to be well said and in recent memory. But for AMD, does anyone notice their top-of-the-line FX62 is already overvolted? Do you remember when their Athlon XPs had no overclocking headroom and sometimes overheated at stock? Do you recall that when they came out with new Athlon64 x2s how much they charged compared to Intel because Intel had nothing competitive?

Let either company grow market share and we can all watch that one turn complacent.

racerboywonder

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
As much as I didn't want to contribute to this post, as it's going to countermand the point I'm about to make, it has to be done. There are thousands of posts on this forum. If I don't want to read the post--let alone reply to it--I close the post, or I don't open it at all. Then I move to a post I do want to read. I know there is a negative disposition towards a number of different posters on the forum...but to flame the guy just because he posted an article that you didn't feel is relevant (no matter how little) is just as much a waste as the original post is assumed to be. Don't get me wrong...this AMD article means almost nothing to me, as I live in the States, and thankfully the supply of CPUs seem to be fine. However, there may be others who are genuinely interested in the story, and might not have known about it otherwise. If you're not interested, don't read it.

That said, if you have people who either start a topic or reply to a topic with clearly and utterly inflamatory, misguided, un-intelligent, and generally smack-worthy crap, let 'em have it. They probably wanted a fight anyway. I friggin' hate those posts with a passion. As we all know (though denial is not just a river in Egpyt for some), right now Blue is beating Green in outright performance, and for the most part, price-to-performance. It's a fact...known around the net and in print. Let it go. Eventually the reigns will change, and the cycle of life continues on. Whoopee.

In conclusion...

Not interested in post: ignore it.

Asinine post, with no thought whatsoever or just designed to start a war: flame if you like, then move on...I find that whole "Fail" thing especially concise and particularly funny.

There's my piece...time to read some more posts.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
As much as I didn't want to contribute to this post, as it's going to countermand the point I'm about to make, it has to be done. There are thousands of posts on this forum. If I don't want to read the post--let alone reply to it--I close the post, or I don't open it at all. Then I move to a post I do want to read. I know there is a negative disposition towards a number of different posters on the forum...but to flame the guy just because he posted an article that you didn't feel is relevant (no matter how little) is just as much a waste as the original post is assumed to be. Don't get me wrong...this AMD article means almost nothing to me, as I live in the States, and thankfully the supply of CPUs seem to be fine. However, there may be others who are genuinely interested in the story, and might not have known about it otherwise. If you're not interested, don't read it.

That said, if you have people who either start a topic or reply to a topic with clearly and utterly inflamatory, misguided, un-intelligent, and generally smack-worthy crap, let 'em have it. They probably wanted a fight anyway. I friggin' hate those posts with a passion. As we all know(though denial is not just a river in Egpyt for some), right now Blue is beating Green in outright performance, and for the most part, price-to-performance. It's a fact...known around the net and in print. Let it go. Eventually the reigns will change, and the cycle of life continues on. Whoopee.

In conclusion...

Not interested in post: ignore it.

Asinine post, with no thought whatsoever or just designed to start a war: flame if you like, then move on...I find that whole "Fail" thing especially concise and particularly funny[/i].

There's my piece...time to read some more posts.

You have valid points, however this really isnt about flame wars or points of view.

You said you live in the US, so surely you know of the First Amendment: Freedom of Speech. While the First Amendment garuntees freedom of speech, it does not give a person the right to yell "Fire" in a movie theater. Its an old analogy, but it applies here.

Imagine youre a first time builder, who comes here looking for information. You want the best processor money can buy, and see a ton of posts, saying company "X"'s processor's are the best. These posts have exerpts from articles you would have never had found. These exerpts seem to concur or confirm that company "X"'s processors are the best. You dont really understand the technical information, and dont want to learn, so you dont read the articles, instead you just see this apparent "mountain" of evidence "proving" company "X"'s processors are the best, so you go buy one, only to find it doesnt live up to all the hype you've read.

Thats the point to many of these flame posts: Trying to prevent certain individuals from spreading misleading information by pointing out that they are applying that information out of context, either by intent or incompetance.

Personally, I've been on and off THG since 2001. I stopped coming here originally when early fanboy flamewars started. I couldnt stomach them. Ive come back several times, only to be driven away again by fanboy flame wars and BS posts such as this threads. For some reason, this time, I decided not to be driven away and fight flame with flame.
Does it work? No, I aknowledge this
Is it the right way to approach the problem? No, I aknowledge this.
But does ignoring the fanboys solve the problem? Well yes, it certainly solves mine. Its solved the problem for me in the past, and could solve it again right now, but will it help the people who dont know any better? Nope.

So, if you've got some suggestions to solve the problem for those who dont realize there is one, Im open to suggestion and I'd be willing to bet a lot of others are as well.

Peace