"AMD Refuses To Back Down Against intel"

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
This week, Marty Seyer, a senior vice-president at the world's second-largest computer chip company, said AMD could capture 40 per cent of the market for servers by 2009, up from about one-quarter now. Three years ago, AMD wasn't even in the server business.

...He put a 12-month price target of $29 on the stock and said he expects AMD to increase its overall market share by about two percentage points, to 25.8 per cent, in 2007.

On the New York Stock Exchange Wednesday AMD's shares closed up 2 cents at $24.90.

...But AMD faces relentless pressure from Intel in the race for more speed and cheaper designs. For every dollar AMD spent on research and development last year, Intel spent $4.52. (ughh, that hurts) :oops:

TheGlobeandMail.com

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
“We believe that the ramp of Intel's dual processor Woodcrest in the second half of 2006 will help Intel to regain share in the server space,” David Wong, an analyst at A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc., said in a research report.

djkrypplephite

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
As said by the VP of AMD . . .

Windows Vista introduces breakthrough computing experiences that are both visually exciting and intuitively designed, and will positively change the ways in which you use your PC.

Microsoft also says Vista is giving me a positive change . . . like a crash every 5 minutes.

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Freeptard Troll

Now the easiest way to tell a freeptard is just to sniff. If you smell a mixture of sulphur, bile, half rotted dog shite, and general corruption, then you know it's a Freeptard. They're not able to disguise their pheromones.
troll719996rr6.jpg
Key to the graphic:

1. What it eats with.
2. What it speaks with.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
This week, Marty Seyer, a senior vice-president at the world's second-largest computer chip company, said AMD could capture 40 per cent of the market for servers by 2009, up from about one-quarter now. Three years ago, AMD wasn't even in the server business.

...He put a 12-month price target of $29 on the stock and said he expects AMD to increase its overall market share by about two percentage points, to 25.8 per cent, in 2007.

On the New York Stock Exchange Wednesday AMD's shares closed up 2 cents at $24.90.

...But AMD faces relentless pressure from Intel in the race for more speed and cheaper designs. For every dollar AMD spent on research and development last year, Intel spent $4.52. (ughh, that hurts) :oops:

TheGlobeandMail.com

Headline should have read:

"9 inch refuses to back down in the face of irrefutable evidence and incontrovertible logic"

distortion

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2004
Ehhh.. Both companies seem to have really great products. However, what I would like to see in the next intel chip is an integrated memory controller. As for AMD, they should reaaaally get on with 65nm lithography to compete. This is a really weird time to upgrade because these technologies are just over the horizon for both. Keep sticking it to each other, intel and amd, because I WANT MY $6 COMPUTER!!

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
what I would like to see in the next intel chip is an integrated memory controller.
You'll probably see this on their next platform upgrade. (Every 2 years is their target.)
http://dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2850
Still, Bhandarkar feels that its server products will offer enough of performance advantage that it won’t need to delve into integrated memory controllers for now. In the mean time, integrated memory controllers are definitely in the pipeline as is an integrated graphics controller, but no timeline was given for either.

As for AMD, they should reaaaally get on with 65nm lithography to compete.
http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/itnews.php?tid=627532&starttime=0&endtime=0
Look for it early next year.

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Ugh, give up already. Everyone knows that most news sites know NEXT TO ZERO about tech. Stop using them to try and make AMD look better (must've been a slow day over at the Inqliarer).

I even recall one website (though I can't remember which) reporting about Intel's new chip, calling it the 'Dual-Core 2: Dual', and comparing Intel and AMD to Dell.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Freeptard Troll

Now the easiest way to tell a freeptard is just to sniff. If you smell a mixture of sulphur, bile, half rotted dog shite, and general corruption, then you know it's a Freeptard. They're not able to disguise their pheromones.
troll719996rr6.jpg
Key to the graphic:

1. What it eats with.
2. What it speaks with.

AHA, that explains AMD Fanboy afinity. My "reliable sources" have revealed Sharikabobs identity to be:

I guess the old saying is true: Freeptards of a feather flock together :wink:

Peace