Can not see files in a shared folder

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 23, 2004 10:12:14 AM

I have a user that is trying to access files in a shared
folder but when they open the folder it appears empty.
This is with any shared folder they try to open. Also it
locks up the expoler window. You can see the file count
in the bottom left corner but no files show up and you
have to kill the window. Even let it sit for a while to
see if it was just taking a long time but still nothing.
I can view from other machines with no problems. The OS
is windows 2000. Anyone have an idea what this might be?

More about : files shared folder

Anonymous
April 24, 2004 8:13:36 PM

"John A" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<332c01c42934$981c0d70$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> I have a user that is trying to access files in a shared
> folder but when they open the folder it appears empty.
> This is with any shared folder they try to open. Also it
> locks up the expoler window. You can see the file count
> in the bottom left corner but no files show up and you
> have to kill the window. Even let it sit for a while to
> see if it was just taking a long time but still nothing.
> I can view from other machines with no problems. The OS
> is windows 2000. Anyone have an idea what this might be?

Either the userid has no rights for the shared folder, or
there is something wrong with the computer.

Can this same user access the shared folder from another
workstation?

Can another user access this shared folder from the problem
worstation?

--
Matt Hickman
Is there anyone here who has an open mind, who can stare a