Incorrect disk space reported

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 23, 2004 4:02:12 PM

In Windows Explorer I go to c drive properties and the
Local Disk properties report 23.5 GB disk space used.
I select the properties for all folder and the report is
only 9.22 GB space used.
Any ideas?
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 7:08:11 PM

Are you showing all hidden and system files? Is your pagefile on this drive?

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"Greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Windows Explorer I go to c drive properties and the
> Local Disk properties report 23.5 GB disk space used.
> I select the properties for all folder and the report is
> only 9.22 GB space used.
> Any ideas?
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 9:22:20 AM

yes to both
pagefile.sys is 1.5GB
Also - a freeware utility called jDiskReport reports that
only 9.22 GB are beining used!
Win Explorer is reporting incorrectly!

Anonymous
April 29, 2004 6:03:35 PM

If you have LOTS of small files, maybe you're seeing an issue with
internal fragmentation (or wasted slack space). Another tool that has
a free trial period that can take that into account is WatchDISK.
http://download.com.com/3000-2248-10265651.html?tag=lst...

!