Shortcut to foler using WE

I have shortcuts on my desktop to network directories. I'd
like these windows to open using Windows Explorer (same as
clicking the "Folders" button).

I can make a shortcut to Windows Explorer, but I don't see
where I can change the defualt directory for the shortcut.

"Scott Falkner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<360e01c42967$9e2df9c0$a601280a@phx.gbl>...

> I can make a shortcut to Windows Explorer, but I don't see
> where I can change the defualt directory for the shortcut.

provide the path to where you want explorer to go as a parameter
in the "target" entry. E.g.:

%windir%\explorer.exe H:\myfolder

You can also use UNCs

--
Matt Hickman
Reached his dotage. Wants what he wants when he wants it--and thinks

I tried the first method by adding the directory
information at the end of the Target description (mine
didn't exactly match what you typed). The directory opens,
but in a normal window, not with the folders expanded on
the left.

I don't have a clue what UNC stands for.

"Scott Falkner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<466101c42ba8$700173e0$a501280a@phx.gbl>...

> > %windir%\explorer.exe H:\myfolder
> >
> >You can also use UNCs
>
> I tried the first method by adding the directory
> information at the end of the Target description (mine
> didn't exactly match what you typed). The directory opens,
> but in a normal window, not with the folders expanded on
> the left.

You did not specify what style of window you wanted.
if you want the explorer view use the /e, parameter:

%windir%\explorer.exe /e, H:\myfolder

> I don't have a clue what UNC stands for.

Universal Nameing Convention:

%windir%\explorer.exe /e, \\servername\sharename\myfolder

--
Matt Hickman
boasting is not polite and often not believed.

That works if I put quotes around the directory path.
Sadly, I now cannot access this shortcut from an open
dialogue, only from the desktop. Guess the Rolling Stones
were right.