Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

windows themes

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
January 5, 2005 4:54:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition (More info?)

this might be a stupid question... but I flipped through the manual, and
can't find a way to upload and choose new themes onto my pocket pc (IPAQ
6315 - win mobile 2003)

what am I missing?

More about : windows themes

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 4:54:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

All you need to do is go to Start>Settings>Today. There you will see
a list of Today Themes you have loaded on your Pocket PC. Tap the one
you want, OK your way out and your good-to-go!

Regards,

Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor
Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
http://www.clintonfitch.com

A PocketPC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:54:25 -0500, "MAC" <no_spam_ad_888@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>this might be a stupid question... but I flipped through the manual, and
>can't find a way to upload and choose new themes onto my pocket pc (IPAQ
>6315 - win mobile 2003)
>
>what am I missing?
>
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 10:29:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition (More info?)

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:54:25 -0500, MAC wrote:

> this might be a stupid question... but I flipped through the manual, and
> can't find a way to upload and choose new themes onto my pocket pc (IPAQ
> 6315 - win mobile 2003)

You can download TSK-files, for instance on
<http://www.pocketpcthemes.com/&gt; You can place these TSK-files on your
PDA, under the following directory: \Windows\

Start > Settings > Today > Appearance will then show you the available
themes.

Another thing you can do is download and install Microsoft's Pocket
Theme Generator. With this (free) tool you can create your own themes
and you don't have to install all the TSK-files in your
Windows-directory. Create a My Documents folder on your flash disk,
place all the TSK-files in this folder (or in a subfolder) and Theme
Switcher (activate through Today) will find them all.

<http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/themeg...;

--
s|b
Related resources
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 10:29:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Thanks! I completely forgot about the Theme Generator... Great post!

Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor
Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
http://www.clintonfitch.com

A PocketPC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 19:29:31 GMT, "s|b" <me@privacy.invalid> wrote:

>On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:54:25 -0500, MAC wrote:
>
>> this might be a stupid question... but I flipped through the manual, and
>> can't find a way to upload and choose new themes onto my pocket pc (IPAQ
>> 6315 - win mobile 2003)
>
>You can download TSK-files, for instance on
><http://www.pocketpcthemes.com/&gt; You can place these TSK-files on your
>PDA, under the following directory: \Windows\
>
>Start > Settings > Today > Appearance will then show you the available
>themes.
>
>Another thing you can do is download and install Microsoft's Pocket
>Theme Generator. With this (free) tool you can create your own themes
>and you don't have to install all the TSK-files in your
>Windows-directory. Create a My Documents folder on your flash disk,
>place all the TSK-files in this folder (or in a subfolder) and Theme
>Switcher (activate through Today) will find them all.
>
><http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/themeg...;
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 10:29:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition (More info?)

You can also use any photo editor to create a screen sized image,
transfer it to the ppc then, tap/hold the file and select "set as..."
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 11:41:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

The Theme Generator (MSs) has not been updated in a while. It makes
perfectly usable themes for WM2003 but sometimes has a problem with the last
step where it offers to load them on your PPC for you. You can however just
save them to your PC and copy the .tsk manually to the PPC via ActiveSync.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Clinton Fitch" <management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> wrote in message
news:03jot0h58dk9v52o3bumg37n00rojjv1tk@4ax.com...
> Thanks! I completely forgot about the Theme Generator... Great post!
>
> Clinton Fitch
> Senior Editor
> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>
> A PocketPC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>
> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 19:29:31 GMT, "s|b" <me@privacy.invalid> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:54:25 -0500, MAC wrote:
> >
> >> this might be a stupid question... but I flipped through the manual,
and
> >> can't find a way to upload and choose new themes onto my pocket pc
(IPAQ
> >> 6315 - win mobile 2003)
> >
> >You can download TSK-files, for instance on
> ><http://www.pocketpcthemes.com/&gt; You can place these TSK-files on your
> >PDA, under the following directory: \Windows\
> >
> >Start > Settings > Today > Appearance will then show you the available
> >themes.
> >
> >Another thing you can do is download and install Microsoft's Pocket
> >Theme Generator. With this (free) tool you can create your own themes
> >and you don't have to install all the TSK-files in your
> >Windows-directory. Create a My Documents folder on your flash disk,
> >place all the TSK-files in this folder (or in a subfolder) and Theme
> >Switcher (activate through Today) will find them all.
> >
> ><http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/themeg...;
>
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 12:02:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition (More info?)

>> Create a My Documents folder on your flash disk, place all the TSK-files
>> in this folder (or in a subfolder) and Theme
Switcher (activate through Today) will find them all.<<

Hmm ... doesn't work that way on my AximX50 (WM2003 2nd Ed.). I tried
moving the TSK files from the MyDocuments folder to folders of the same name
on both my SD card and the built-in storage. Task switcher would not find
them unless they were in main-memory.

-b


"s|b" <me@privacy.invalid> wrote in message
news:5bfot0t0ruh6bs17lvogfj1epvl0f6p83d@news.telenet.be...
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:54:25 -0500, MAC wrote:
>
>> this might be a stupid question... but I flipped through the manual, and
>> can't find a way to upload and choose new themes onto my pocket pc (IPAQ
>> 6315 - win mobile 2003)
>
> You can download TSK-files, for instance on
> <http://www.pocketpcthemes.com/&gt; You can place these TSK-files on your
> PDA, under the following directory: \Windows\
>
> Start > Settings > Today > Appearance will then show you the available
> themes.
>
> Another thing you can do is download and install Microsoft's Pocket
> Theme Generator. With this (free) tool you can create your own themes
> and you don't have to install all the TSK-files in your
> Windows-directory. Create a My Documents folder on your flash disk,
> place all the TSK-files in this folder (or in a subfolder) and Theme
> Switcher (activate through Today) will find them all.
>
> <http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/themeg...;
>
> --
> s|b
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 9:36:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition (More info?)

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:02:48 -0500, Bruce Roeser wrote:

> Hmm ... doesn't work that way on my AximX50 (WM2003 2nd Ed.).

So it works with WM2003 SE as well?

> I tried
> moving the TSK files from the MyDocuments folder to folders of the same name
> on both my SD card and the built-in storage. Task switcher would not find
> them unless they were in main-memory.

All my themes are in \CF Card\My Documents\Themes. Yesterday, I
created a Temp folder and it seems that themes in \CF Card\Temp are
found as well by Theme Switcher.

I have an iPAQ 2210 with WM2003. Perhaps it has something to do with
second edition?

--
s|b
January 6, 2005 10:41:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Reply to message from Clinton Fitch <management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.
com> (Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:29:56) about "Re: windows themes":


CF> All you need to do is go to Start>Settings>Today. There you will
CF> see a list of Today Themes you have loaded on your Pocket PC. Tap
CF> the one you want, OK your way out and your good-to-go!

CF> Regards,

CF> Clinton Fitch
CF> Senior Editor
CF> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com! http://www. clintonfitch.com

CF> A PocketPC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!

CF> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:54:25 -0500, "MAC" <no_spam_ad_888@yahoo.
CF> com> wrote:

>> this might be a stupid question... but I flipped through the manual,
>> and can't find a way to upload and choose new themes onto my pocket
>> pc (IPAQ
>> 6315 - win mobile 2003)

>> what am I missing?


Another good option is to use Theme Sync v1.0 which keeps the themes on
your PC and only transfer the one you'll see to your PPC. This saves
memory plus you can tell it to put a new theme on you PPC every day,
week or every time you sync.

http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=807


Bye
Marcel <no@spam.please> Thu, 06 Jan 2005 11:20:26 +0200

=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8
January 7, 2005 4:46:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition (More info?)

THX.

that worked on my IPAQ 6315

cheers.


"s|b" <me@privacy.invalid> wrote in message
news:2t0rt01gje3avf372nuvvq1i87afiabtoa@news.telenet.be...
> On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:02:48 -0500, Bruce Roeser wrote:
>
>> Hmm ... doesn't work that way on my AximX50 (WM2003 2nd Ed.).
>
> So it works with WM2003 SE as well?
>
>> I tried
>> moving the TSK files from the MyDocuments folder to folders of the same
>> name
>> on both my SD card and the built-in storage. Task switcher would not
>> find
>> them unless they were in main-memory.
>
> All my themes are in \CF Card\My Documents\Themes. Yesterday, I
> created a Temp folder and it seems that themes in \CF Card\Temp are
> found as well by Theme Switcher.
>
> I have an iPAQ 2210 with WM2003. Perhaps it has something to do with
> second edition?
>
> --
> s|b
!