new hdd capacity incorrect

I just install a new WD 160GB harddisk to my computer. In
the bios it reported to be WD160GB drive. After log into
window2k pro to create partition and format... the
reported capacity is only 137,436,168,192 bytes
(127GB).... what is wrong?
2 answers Last reply
More about capacity incorrect

    and to add on to my post....
    the computer is running on service pack 4 and i read the
    following article about overcome 137GB error on
    us;305098
    and edit the regedit according but it still don't work

    If you addressed the kb305098 article *after* having formated the disk You
    iether have to partition /format the free space or delete the existing
    partition and reformat.
    If your win2k disk is an earlier version the installation will not recognise
    a large disk, you will have to slipstream the service pack into a new
    inst.disk.

    "V" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > and to add on to my post....
    > the computer is running on service pack 4 and i read the
    > following article about overcome 137GB error on
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
    > us;305098
    > and edit the regedit according but it still don't work

Hard Drives Windows