LaserJet III driver for Windows 98

Help Please, I slicked my disk and installed win98SE BUT I forgot to save my
printer driver. Can anyone point me to a site or provide a laserjet III (yes
the antique original III) driver?
I have looked at HP and driverguide.com so far no luck. Ihave found drivers
for win 3.1 (doesn't work for win98 and HP has one for autcad doesn't work
for anything else)

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 04:38:25 GMT, in comp.periphs.printers "john hawkins"
<john_hawkinsNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Help Please, I slicked my disk and installed win98SE BUT I forgot to save my
>printer driver. Can anyone point me to a site or provide a laserjet III (yes
>the antique original III) driver?
>I have looked at HP and driverguide.com so far no luck. Ihave found drivers
>for win 3.1 (doesn't work for win98 and HP has one for autcad doesn't work
>for anything else)

Look a little harder on the Win 98 disk it's there. Especially don't assume
the drivers are in any special order.
----------
http://EdwardGRuf.com

ME

In message <5L_De.15120$aY6.7949@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>, john
hawkins <john_hawkinsNOSPAM@earthlink.net> writes
>Help Please, I slicked my disk and installed win98SE BUT I forgot to save my
>printer driver. Can anyone point me to a site or provide a laserjet III (yes
>the antique original III) driver?
>I have looked at HP and driverguide.com so far no luck. Ihave found drivers
>for win 3.1 (doesn't work for win98 and HP has one for autcad doesn't work
>for anything else)

Isnt it built in to windows?

--
Timothy

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

me@privacy.net wrote:

> In message <5L_De.15120$aY6.7949@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>, john
> hawkins <john_hawkinsNOSPAM@earthlink.net> writes
>
>> Help Please, I slicked my disk and installed win98SE BUT I forgot to
>> save my
>> printer driver. Can anyone point me to a site or provide a laserjet
>> III (yes
>> the antique original III) driver?
>> I have looked at HP and driverguide.com so far no luck. Ihave found
>> drivers
>> for win 3.1 (doesn't work for win98 and HP has one for autcad doesn't
>> work
>> for anything else)
>>
> Isnt it built in to windows?

If you get into more strife and no one has it up - then I may be able
to find my old copy and Ill put it up on a FTP site.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

me@privacy.net wrote:

> In message <5L_De.15120$aY6.7949@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>, john
> hawkins <john_hawkinsNOSPAM@earthlink.net> writes
>
>> Help Please, I slicked my disk and installed win98SE BUT I forgot to
>> save my
>> printer driver. Can anyone point me to a site or provide a laserjet
>> III (yes
>> the antique original III) driver?
>> I have looked at HP and driverguide.com so far no luck. Ihave found
>> drivers
>> for win 3.1 (doesn't work for win98 and HP has one for autcad doesn't
>> work
>> for anything else)
>>
> Isnt it built in to windows?

Its up on the HP sites I started here
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?dlc=en&lc=en&cc=au

and finished

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=15047&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=25488&prodTypeId=18972

Thanks guys for your help. I must shamefacedly admit the driver was on my
win98SE CDROM all the time!!