Wizards Islands for Morrowind?

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

After seeing this massive free download for Morrowind and finally being 98%
with my download, I thought I'd ask on here what you guys think of it?

Must admit, haven't visited this group or played the game for a while, far
less finish it, but Morrowind is installed with the 3 official add-ons, and
I put my old save games back to continue my progress from about a year ago
when I'm ready to do so and my desktop and Laptop are more than fit enough
to run the game now.

So, basically my question is, will this Wizards Islands do anything for my
Morrowind experience? Is it stable? Should I spend more time in the original
game first before looking at it?

A quick scan of the group shows little to no information on this add-on.

Cheers.

Colin

Colin wrote:

> Must admit, haven't visited this group or played the game for a while, far
> less finish it, but Morrowind is installed with the 3 official add-ons, and
> I put my old save games back to continue my progress from about a year ago
> when I'm ready to do so and my desktop and Laptop are more than fit enough
> to run the game now.

What is that 3rd official add-on? I only know of Tribunal and Bloodmoon.
Guido

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

> > Must admit, haven't visited this group or played the game for a while,
far
> > less finish it, but Morrowind is installed with the 3 official add-ons,
and
> > I put my old save games back to continue my progress from about a year
ago
> > when I'm ready to do so and my desktop and Laptop are more than fit
enough
> > to run the game now.
> >
> What is that 3rd official add-on? I only know of Tribunal and Bloodmoon.
> Guido

http://www.wizards-islands.com/

sarah

"Colin" <Colin@NONEOFTHATSPAMSTUFFkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message

> http://www.wizards-islands.com/

It's not an official add-on. It's just a very large mod.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Colin wrote:

>>What is that 3rd official add-on? I only know of Tribunal and Bloodmoon.
>>Guido
>

> http://www.wizards-islands.com/

If by "official", you mean "created and released by Bethesda
Softworks", than Wizards Island is not an "official" plugin.

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 02:40:06 +0100, "Colin"
<Colin@NONEOFTHATSPAMSTUFFkatana1000.plus.com> wrote:

>After seeing this massive free download for Morrowind and finally being 98%
>with my download, I thought I'd ask on here what you guys think of it?

Colin,
With respects to your question about the Wizards Island MOD... I've
only just started it but one thing I did notice right up front, as
soon as your able to click on a bed and "sleep"...DO IT!!! DON'T
WAIT!!!
I waited the first time and thought I'd run around and get some
experience built up and a few coins in my pocket before "sleeping" for
the required 24 hour period... somewhere along the way I must have
broke the script cause when I finally did sleep for back to back 24
hour periods nothing happened... no journal entry... nothing.
Soooo, I started a new player and this time as soon as I left the
port of entry office as I like to call it and got the "go to the
tavern" message I went back inside the office and down to the cellar
and clicked on the bed down there...
Script activated... on my way.
Hope this helps you get started faster then I did!!!
-Stratotanker

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

> >After seeing this massive free download for Morrowind and finally being
98%
> >with my download, I thought I'd ask on here what you guys think of it?
>
> Colin,
> With respects to your question about the Wizards Island MOD... I've
> only just started it but one thing I did notice right up front, as
> soon as your able to click on a bed and "sleep"...DO IT!!! DON'T
> WAIT!!!
> I waited the first time and thought I'd run around and get some
> experience built up and a few coins in my pocket before "sleeping" for
> the required 24 hour period... somewhere along the way I must have
> broke the script cause when I finally did sleep for back to back 24
> hour periods nothing happened... no journal entry... nothing.
> Soooo, I started a new player and this time as soon as I left the
> port of entry office as I like to call it and got the "go to the
> tavern" message I went back inside the office and down to the cellar
> and clicked on the bed down there...
> Script activated... on my way.
> Hope this helps you get started faster then I did!!!
> -Stratotanker

Hi, Thanks for the tip.

OK. I've got the download, installed it, clicked on the BSAReg file in the
Morrowind Data folder, when I start the game I see new Wizards Island splash
screens, I created a new player, went back to the office and down to the
cellar as you described and used the bed there to sleep for 24 hours (but it
does say its illegal to sleep there?) when I wake up the game seems just the
same, or am I now supposed to go find Wizards Island, or should I be waking
up in Wizards Island?

I'm not sure if I everything configured correctly or not? I also have
Tribunal and Bloodmoon add-ons installed.

Cheers.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Colin wrote:

> OK. I've got the download, installed it, clicked on the BSAReg file in the
> Morrowind Data folder, when I start the game I see new Wizards Island splash
> screens, I created a new player, went back to the office and down to the
> cellar as you described and used the bed there to sleep for 24 hours (but it
> does say its illegal to sleep there?) when I wake up the game seems just the
> same, or am I now supposed to go find Wizards Island, or should I be waking
> up in Wizards Island?

Does wizard's island replace the regular splash screens?
Do they overwrite/delete the existing ones? :eek:

> After seeing this massive free download for Morrowind and finally being
> 98%
> with my download, I thought I'd ask on here what you guys think of it?
>
> Must admit, haven't visited this group or played the game for a while, far
> less finish it, but Morrowind is installed with the 3 official add-ons,
> and
> I put my old save games back to continue my progress from about a year ago
> when I'm ready to do so and my desktop and Laptop are more than fit enough
> to run the game now.
>
> So, basically my question is, will this Wizards Islands do anything for my
> Morrowind experience? Is it stable? Should I spend more time in the
> original
> game first before looking at it?
>
> A quick scan of the group shows little to no information on this add-on.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Colin

I have bunch of other mods installed, how to install/deinstall wiz isles and
keep my existing game with the other mods ?

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 22:18:26 +0100, "Colin"
<Colin@NONEOFTHATSPAMSTUFFkatana1000.plus.com> wrote:

>Hi, Thanks for the tip.
>
>OK. I've got the download, installed it, clicked on the BSAReg file in the
>Morrowind Data folder, when I start the game I see new Wizards Island splash
>screens, I created a new player, went back to the office and down to the
>cellar as you described and used the bed there to sleep for 24 hours (but it
>does say its illegal to sleep there?) when I wake up the game seems just the
>same, or am I now supposed to go find Wizards Island, or should I be waking
>up in Wizards Island?
>
>I'm not sure if I everything configured correctly or not? I also have
>Tribunal and Bloodmoon add-ons installed.
>
>Cheers.

Colin,
It sounds like your pressing the "T" key instead of looking at the
"bed" and pressing the "space bar" to activate it.
It's just like "talking" to someone in the game... all you have to do
is press the space bar. Just do the same thing with the bed.
Anyway, I digress... when you "sleep" a ghostly figure appears and a
dialog box script will pop up AND you will also have a new journal
entry telling you what to do incase you missed it during the
conversation with the "ghost".
Best of luck.
-Stratotanker

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 14:07:29 +0300, "GargoyleBG"
<minkov@haskovo.spnet.net> wrote:

>I have bunch of other mods installed, how to install/deinstall wiz isles and
>keep my existing game with the other mods ?

GargoyleBG,
I've read through the mod makers web site and the readme file and it
does not appear you can do what your asking.
To my knowledge there is only one mod that you can run with it and
even then you have to apply a patch to make it stable enough to run
and that is the Balmora Expansion MOD... I believe I read something
about it on the mod makers web site.
Anyway, I recommend you un-install Morrowind and then go into the
Bethesda folder in Program Files and manually delete all the remaining
files after the un-install and then do a clean re-install... as I just
deactivated all the mods I was runing and only had the ones
recommended activated... needless to say it did not go well.
It kept crashing to the desktop during character selection.
Once I did what I recommend doing above everything worked like a
champ.
Enjoy...
-Stratotanker

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

> Colin,
> It sounds like your pressing the "T" key instead of looking at the
> "bed" and pressing the "space bar" to activate it.
> It's just like "talking" to someone in the game... all you have to do
> is press the space bar. Just do the same thing with the bed.
> Anyway, I digress... when you "sleep" a ghostly figure appears and a
> dialog box script will pop up AND you will also have a new journal
> entry telling you what to do incase you missed it during the
> conversation with the "ghost".
> Best of luck.
> -Stratotanker

Thanks Strat. I got there in the end.

As you have guessed I'm a Morrowind newbie. I've owned the original game for
ages and bought the add-ons soon after, but mainly flight simulation grabbed
my playing time.

What I was doing wrong was not activating the Wizards Islands mod properly,
and as I had never tried a third party mod before, I never knew how to do
this ... until now.

Only after doing lots of Google research did I find the Wizard Island mod
had to be activated over and above clicking on the BSAReg file in the data
folder of the game. I thought I had already done all that was needed with
the mod instructions, especially as I was then getting Wizard splash screens
and different music in the game. But what I never knew, and what the Wizards
mod fails to explain, is you need to use the Morrowind Launcher.exe (I just
had the basic Morrowind.exe on my desktop) and you need to use the launcher
to access the data files and activate the mod from there .... Duh! but yup,
apart from the old Ultima Underworld and Black Isle and Serpent Isle games,
I'm a newb to this stuff, makes me wonder what I'm missing with Morowind
mods?

Just thought I'd post this here, because it seems a few others are having
problems getting this mod working for the same reasons. Also I did use the
sleep procedure Strato described, but I had to take a double sleep for 2 x
24 hrs before I got the message and entry in my journal, but even then never
got an image of a ghost?

But its working now and I'm pleased.

Cheers.

Colin

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 03:12:33 +0100, "Colin"
<Colin@NONEOFTHATSPAMSTUFFkatana1000.plus.com> wrote:

>Thanks Strat. I got there in the end.
>
>As you have guessed I'm a Morrowind newbie. I've owned the original game for
>ages and bought the add-ons soon after, but mainly flight simulation grabbed
>my playing time.
>
>What I was doing wrong was not activating the Wizards Islands mod properly,
>and as I had never tried a third party mod before, I never knew how to do
>this ... until now.
>
>Only after doing lots of Google research did I find the Wizard Island mod
>had to be activated over and above clicking on the BSAReg file in the data
>folder of the game. I thought I had already done all that was needed with
>the mod instructions, especially as I was then getting Wizard splash screens
>and different music in the game. But what I never knew, and what the Wizards
>mod fails to explain, is you need to use the Morrowind Launcher.exe (I just
>had the basic Morrowind.exe on my desktop) and you need to use the launcher
>to access the data files and activate the mod from there .... Duh! but yup,
>apart from the old Ultima Underworld and Black Isle and Serpent Isle games,
>I'm a newb to this stuff, makes me wonder what I'm missing with Morowind
>mods?
>
>Just thought I'd post this here, because it seems a few others are having
>problems getting this mod working for the same reasons. Also I did use the
>sleep procedure Strato described, but I had to take a double sleep for 2 x
>24 hrs before I got the message and entry in my journal, but even then never
>got an image of a ghost?
>
>But its working now and I'm pleased.
>
>Cheers.
>
>Colin

Colin,

Glad to hear you got it sorted out!

One word of advise though before you follow the instructions in your
journal and set off to get the "Enriched Diamond" I would humbly
submit that you put some levels under your belt first.

I had a level 10 nord warrior that got his virtual ass kicked in the
woods trying to get to the wizards house.
So I decided to go back to a save point BEFORE I got the diamond and
got on the ship.

I went around and got some more experience and goodies to help me and
this time I made it through as a level 25... I had to find some items
that would help me protect against paralysis (hint, hint).

One thing I have to complain about is the fact that I have a nord
warrior who SHOULD be immune to the cold, but when your out on a
walk-about in the woods at night your health drops ever so slowly... I
can only imagine what it would be like for a character that does not
have such natural abilities... like say an argonion... can you say
lizard popsicle!

Oh, one more thing... make sure you either learn the spell "night-eye"
or get a ring of night-eye... you'll need it! Trust Me!!

-Stratotanker