Upgrade to dynamic disk greyed out

Andy

Hi,

I've got a windows 2000 advanced server sp4 with a soft disk mirror (disk0 and disk1), disk1 failed and was replaced with a new one, I've broken the mirror but when I try to convert the new disk1 to dynamic to recreate the mirror, the "upgrade to dynamic disk" option is not available. Any ideas?

Regards,

Andy

Andy

I have seen this happen in two cases. In one, the disk was partitioned from
a pre-Win2000 operating system, not leaving space enough for it to be
converted to dynamic. In the other case, a third party disk management
program was installed on the computer that disabled the option to convert
to dynamic disk.

Best regards

Bjorn

"Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've got a windows 2000 advanced server sp4 with a soft disk mirror (disk0 and disk1), disk1 failed and was replaced with a new one, I've broken the mirror but when I try to convert the new disk1 to dynamic to recreate the mirror, the "upgrade to dynamic disk" option is not available. Any ideas?
>

>Regards,
>
>Andy

Andy

Thanks for coming back and reporting this.