- Windows won't recognize my USB game/midi device...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.za.windowsxp.multimedia (More info?)

Would anyone know why the USB game/midi port I tried connecting for the
first time last night did not get recognized by WinXP, even after a reboot
and manual new hardware scan?

Is there something I need to "turn on" within Windows to get it to recognize
the new game port?

I had to get rid of my soundblaster (fried), but I was only using it for the
game port. I have another audio card for the rest. Hence the need for the
USB midi port.

"Jon Yeager" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
> Would anyone know why the USB game/midi port I tried connecting for the
> first time last night did not get recognized by WinXP, even after a reboot
> and manual new hardware scan?
>
> Is there something I need to "turn on" within Windows to get it to
recognize
> the new game port?
>
> I had to get rid of my soundblaster (fried), but I was only using it for
the
> game port. I have another audio card for the rest. Hence the need for the
> USB midi port.

Did you install the drivers first?

jeffrey

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.za.windowsxp.multimedia (More info?)

Hi,

Some of those type of devices requires the install program that comes with
it to detect it.

Jeff