- Windows won't recognize my USB game/midi device...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.za.windowsxp.multimedia (More info?)

Would anyone know why the USB game/midi port I tried connecting for the
first time last night did not get recognized by WinXP, even after a reboot
and manual new hardware scan?

Is there something I need to "turn on" within Windows to get it to recognize
the new game port?

I had to get rid of my soundblaster (fried), but I was only using it for the
game port. I have another audio card for the rest. Hence the need for the
USB midi port.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows recognize game midi device
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.za.windowsxp.multimedia (More info?)

    "Jon Yeager" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
    > Would anyone know why the USB game/midi port I tried connecting for the
    > first time last night did not get recognized by WinXP, even after a reboot
    > and manual new hardware scan?
    >
    > Is there something I need to "turn on" within Windows to get it to
    recognize
    > the new game port?
    >
    > I had to get rid of my soundblaster (fried), but I was only using it for
    the
    > game port. I have another audio card for the rest. Hence the need for the
    > USB midi port.

    Did you install the drivers first?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.za.windowsxp.multimedia (More info?)

    Hi,

    Some of those type of devices requires the install program that comes with
    it to detect it.

    Jeff

    "Test User" <test@dev.null> wrote in message
    > "Jon Yeager" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
    > > Would anyone know why the USB game/midi port I tried connecting for the
    > > first time last night did not get recognized by WinXP, even after a
    reboot
    > > and manual new hardware scan?
    > >
    > > Is there something I need to "turn on" within Windows to get it to
    > recognize
    > > the new game port?
    > >
    > > I had to get rid of my soundblaster (fried), but I was only using it for
    > the
    > > game port. I have another audio card for the rest. Hence the need for
    the
    > > USB midi port.
    >
    > Did you install the drivers first?

MIDI Games Microsoft USB Windows XP