Windows XP Installation

I have trouble installing Windows XP on a Pentium IV computer. At the end of
the installation when the computer shuts down to re-boot it freezes. I press
re-set and start it in Safe Mode.

When it is booted up I remove the Displat Adapter using Device Manager in
System Properties. then re-start. The program re-starts and then I install
the Intel programs that came with the computer. I had noted once the Display
Adapter MAY be causing a problem.

It works fine after that but would you know why it freezes before the final
boot?

--
Clarke

Hi Ellis,

One of my client got the same issue.

This issue is a Hardware issue where drivers of one of the device will
freeze your system.

It could be Video, Audio or even a CD Writer Driver.

So while installing make sure that none of he external devices are connected
and if still problem persis, remove internal devices like Audio and CD Writer
which are not required to do installation and then add one by one after
installing XP