create virtual directory / folder for application use

KoT

Hllo,

Server is Win 2000 with 400 GB raid maxed out (have about 20GB left)

I have an application that has a file path hard coaded c:\data, and my
c: drive is running out of space. To manage the increasing space I
have added a drive aray to the server which shows up as f: dirve.
What I would like to do is create virtual folders in the c:\data
directory for new information ex:

c:\data\2004images
c:\data\2004_special_events

etc. but the actual location of these folders to be on the f: drive.

I would also like to nest two virtual folders -
c:\data\2004images\fashion
- the fashion folder would be on drive g: if I need more space.

Thanks in advance

Kots

In computer management -> disk management it's possible to
mount a volume not only by a drive letter, but also as a
folder. Thus c:\data can point to another volume.

KoT

Actualy I found an application Junction Link Magic that creates
junction pints for a directory. Here is an excerpt from the manual:

A junction point (also known as a reparse point or a symbolic link) is
a technology for a folder to be grafted into another folder on the
same local computer.

For example, if the directory D:\jlink specified C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 as
its target, then an application accessing D:\jlink\DRIVERS would in
reality be accessing C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS.

Junction points are transparent to programs.

Unfortunately, Windows 2000 and Windows XP come with no tools for
creating junctions - you have to purchase the Win2K Resource Kit,
which offers the linkd program for creating junctions. So that's where
Junction Link Magic comes in...

kot