put everything together..help..

JJPeerless

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Hey,

Finally got all my parts to my new computer. I have everything all built..its got a E6400 and a gigabyte ds3 board. I have a 36gb sata raptor hard drive in there as well as my old 320gb IDE drive. When i boot up..it hangs at the detecting IDE Drives for a Long time..and finally goes through but will NOT detect my raptor..i hear the raptor making clicking noises though..kinda scary.. anyways..i can get into bios..temps look decent.. im idling around 37C but i have to let the AS5 burn-in and i expect to drop a little more.

No where does it detect my sata drive and when I try to install windows..it doesnt see the drive either..wont let me Press F6 to install 3rd party drivers I downloaded from gigabyte site..

my bios is version F3, but I just put F4 on a disk and I am going to try that, i doubt it will fix it..but its worth a shot.. any suggestions??

(also, while im at it..my Big Typhoon is only spinning at like 850rpm..) how can I get it to go full speed?

Thanks

JJPeerless

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
okay, i cant get it to flash F4..i tried two different floppy discs..at the QFLASH utility both said "Floppy Read Error" ors omethign..

also, i noticed my DVD-Rom drive is REAAALLLY slow..like when it tries to start up the windows installation..it takes forever...

im not sure if my raptor is DOA since its making that clicking noise and not being detected..or if theres somethign im missing

ive tried plugging it into the GSATA ports on the mobo (the gigabyte sata controller ones) and the regular SATA ports..

help please

TRENDING THREADS