Wrong Sort Order

I've got a problem with Windows 2000 when I try and order
the files or drives they are in the wrong order with the Z
drive on the left working down to the A drive on the
right. The same with the files with the highest file
beginning with a 'Z' and the lowest file with an 'A' when
viewing files in the Large Icons format. Any ideas how to
correct this?

Hi, Andy.

Where in Win2K are you seeing this? In My Computer? In Windows Explorer?

In most places, all you need do is click the header of the column that you
want the listing to be sorted on. A second click on the same header
reverses the sort A-Z or Z-A.

If that doesn't work, post back with details of exactly where the problem
occurs.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Andy K" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got a problem with Windows 2000 when I try and order
> the files or drives they are in the wrong order with the Z
> drive on the left working down to the A drive on the
> right. The same with the files with the highest file
> beginning with a 'Z' and the lowest file with an 'A' when
> viewing files in the Large Icons format. Any ideas how to
> correct this?

keith

I have the same problem. It only effects one of the users
on the computer. It is typical in any dialog box that is
opened, ie, File Save As or File Open. Files are normally
listed in alphabetical order, this has a different order,
maybe, Most Recently Opened? How do you reset this
permanently to alphabetical?