ntoskrnl.exe is missing or corrupt

ree

Hello:

On bootup, the PC gives me the message:

Windows 2000 could not start because the following file is
missing or corrupt: windows2000 root\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

I am running Windows 2000 Professional.

Does anyone know how to remediate? Thanks.

Hi, Ree.

Google gets over 20,000 hits on "ntoskrnl.exe", including 467 in
support.microsoft.com. It's a frequently asked and discussed question here.

Start with this KB article:
Err Msg: Windows NT Could Not Start...Ntoskrnl.exe
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;124550