ntoskrnl.exe is missing or corrupt

Hello:

On bootup, the PC gives me the message:

Windows 2000 could not start because the following file is
missing or corrupt: windows2000 root\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

I am running Windows 2000 Professional.

Does anyone know how to remediate? Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about ntoskrnl missing corrupt

    Hi, Ree.

    Google gets over 20,000 hits on "ntoskrnl.exe", including 467 in
    support.microsoft.com. It's a frequently asked and discussed question here.

    Start with this KB article:
    Err Msg: Windows NT Could Not Start...Ntoskrnl.exe
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;124550

    "Ree" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    >
    > On bootup, the PC gives me the message:
    >
    > Windows 2000 could not start because the following file is
    > missing or corrupt: windows2000 root\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    >
    > I am running Windows 2000 Professional.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to remediate? Thanks.

File System Windows 2000 Ntoskrnl.Exe Windows