Desktop icons masked by Excel icon

October 26, 2004 10:49:02 PM

Hi all,

Hi. I got a situation here where the Microsoft Excel icon is masking every
icons i have on my desktop. Don't know how does it happens and hope to find
the answer to that. I tried using the property to set it back to the default
icon but it still remains the same. Additional information is that the icons
looked normal during the starting of the startup but masked once it reached
the end. Could it be the result of some program that is run during startup?
How do i know which startup to stop if it is one of them? Thanks.

Regards,
LimSS
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 8:50:12 PM

Hi LimSS,

Try repairing the icons using Tweak UI. Download it from:

TweakUI v2.10 for Windows XP SP1/XP MCE/2003 [147 KB].
http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9...

In case the icon BPP gets corrupted after fixing using Tweak UI, see:

Icons get corrupted after using Tweak UI "Rebuild Icons" function:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairicons.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User