Folder 'System32' opening on booting PC

When booting up my Windows 2000 PC, a sub folder of
WINNT, 'System32', opens. (it is not set in Start /
Launch). This might be linked to a virus which was
detected by McAfee Virus Scan and automatically deleted.

I would like to stop this folder (System 32)opening on
start up.

No associated problems noticed as yet. Current virus scan
is clean.

Any advice gratefully received . . .

Patrick

Usually a damaged or otherwise corrupt "Run" key value.

System32 Folder Opens When Logging into Windows NT

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect