Folder 'System32' opening on booting PC

When booting up my Windows 2000 PC, a sub folder of
WINNT, 'System32', opens. (it is not set in Start /
Launch). This might be linked to a virus which was
detected by McAfee Virus Scan and automatically deleted.

I would like to stop this folder (System 32)opening on
start up.

No associated problems noticed as yet. Current virus scan
is clean.

Any advice gratefully received . . .

Patrick
1 answer Last reply
More about folder system32 opening booting

    Usually a damaged or otherwise corrupt "Run" key value.

    System32 Folder Opens When Logging into Windows NT

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Patrick" wrote:
    | When booting up my Windows 2000 PC, a sub folder of
    | WINNT, 'System32', opens. (it is not set in Start /
    | Launch). This might be linked to a virus which was
    | detected by McAfee Virus Scan and automatically deleted.
    |
    | I would like to stop this folder (System 32)opening on
    | start up.
    |
    | No associated problems noticed as yet. Current virus scan
    | is clean.
    |
    | Any advice gratefully received . . .
    |
    | Patrick

Virus Windows 2000 System32 File System Windows