cheap new Dell laser

For those who are looking for a cheap laser, the paper yesterday was
talking about a Dell with a list price of $99, no rebate needed (not that
Dell seems to go in for rebates). Anybody have an idea who makes it?

It's the first item on
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/laser?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd
and looks something like the new Samsung ML 2010.

I wonder if the days of cheap lasers (or anything electronic) is over now
that China is letting their currency float?

Brendan

"Brendan R. Wehrung" <ck183@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote in message

> I wonder if the days of cheap lasers (or anything electronic) is over now
> that China is letting their currency float?

This was reported by Canadian media a revaluation
up 5 per cent, Chinese yuan remaining pegged to
US dollar.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

jean

It's made by Taiwanese manufacturer. Their factory is either in China
or Vietnam.

But Dell doesnt have to worry about the cost.

The way Dell makes money is to push back the manufacturer. They keep
asking Taiwanese lower down the cost. If Taiwanese doesnt agree, they
will lose Dell's business.

that's why Dell have super cheap stuff. They grab Taiwanese money to
pay market.

HP is so scared with such low cost laser printer...