Cheap passive Vista card, no gaming

duthoy

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
you can always surf the site from nvidia/ati (whatever you like), check some specs on the site, and also post it over there on a forum?

by the way,
it's a question of taste, but why run the aero skin from vista?
it uses a lot of RAM and CPU power, just to look nice?
i've been testing vista for some time, and the difference in speed between aero and classic, is much bigger than in XP.
just try to keep you recourses for the apps, vista already has way to much services.

ok aero looks nice, but looking nice is not the job from an OS,
an OS must keep you comp running on a stable way (maybe they can learn some linux @ microsoft ;-)), and be the "framework" to run your applications,
aero is like a ferrari with a fiat engine, looks good, works slow.
a fiat with a ferrari engine is more my style, looks sucks, but fast like hell.

lots of succes

elpresidente2075

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
An fx5200 will run aero. It stinks at it, but it will work. I see you are looking at a 6200. Technically it will run aero,but there are some products that perform much, much better in the value segment. Maybe something like one of these? (you are in the UK, sorry! Its just an example.) I know, not quite as much of a deal as 30-sum bucks, but there is waayyyy more performance there, even for just running the OS.

That said, if you are looking to get the absolutely cheapest card that would give at least decent performance with vista, that 6200 would do the trick.

TRENDING THREADS