Need help quick! Plz help! Need a P5W DH fan!

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
The fan on my P180B didn't work when I got it (rear case fan), so I need to get a new one ASAP. I've chosen the VANTEC TF12025 120mm 2 Ball Case Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail.

MY QUESTION - Is this fan compatible with the Asus P5W DH Deluxe mobo. Plz take note - the P5W DH has onboard power/pin connectors that regulate the speed of the fans by controlling the voltage. I noticed this fan already has a temperature monitor that controls the speed.

Will these two work together??? Thanks guys!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835110014

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131025R

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
If I'm not mistaken, this mobo is able to regulate the fan speeds as needed. I would basically like to monitor the fans to make sure they are working - not to serious about keeping it quiet. I maxed out the other fans in the case to keep it cool - more important. The stock P180B fan was connected directly to a molex cable, and that was that. When it died, I only noticed it because my CPU/mobo temps went up. Which fan do you recommend?

Will this one work then if I just connect it to the molex, and connect the other connector you mentioned to the mobo? Where does that connector go? I didnt read anything like this in the manual?

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Ok great! I just got your post BTW, after I posted mine. I'll look for something in that line. The thing that worried me about the first fan is that it has a temperature contoller itself. Might have the same issues.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I don't trust the temp controlled fans either. I have all my fans connected to a fan controller which can go from 0v to 12v. I blast them at full when I'm gaming and turn them down when I'm not. One of my fan controller has temp sensors that you can attach wherever you want, one is attached to my cpu water block and the other is attached to my radiator.