Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

How to "ignore errors" when copying files in Windows Explo..

Tags:
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 5:52:42 PM

In Windows 2000 xcopy command there is /c option, which ”continues
copying even if error occur”. How can I enable this ”ignore errors”
feature when I copy-paste files in Windows Explorer? If this is not
possible, where can I get freeware file copy (does not stop working
after 30 days) utility that does the trick?

(Most of my errors come from file permissions, as the files to be copied
are open in e.g. Mozilla and i do not want to close it. I want to
continue working when backuping files.)

More about : ignore errors copying files windows explo

May 12, 2004 5:09:41 PM

Try robocopy, it is command line based with lots of
options.