Chronic669

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
I am currently building a new core 2 duo rig with the following components:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe
BFG Geforece 7900GT OC
OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 2GB (2x1024MB) Platinum Revision 2 XTC Dual Channel

I have been hearing that OCZ memory is not compatible with some asus motherboards. Will this memory work on the this mobo? The link to the memory is http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr2_pc2_6400_platinum_revision_2_dual_channel

Also I already have the motherboard and on the box it says DDR2 800/667/533 yet in the manual for Memory Qualify Vendor List they only have listed 667 and 533 memory. Is any 800 mhz memory even compatible with it?

Thanks

Mondoman

Splendid
You won't need to run the memory faster than DDR2-533 or -667 to saturate the CPU's FSB. As for compatibility w/your MB, email OCZ to ask. You'll find some other manufacturers have much more extensive lists of compatible MBs and systems thatn does OCZ. Since DDR2 is still pretty new and in flux, there are incompatibilities out there. Some manufacturers, while standing behind their RAM, may take a couple of weeks to send out a RMA replacement, while others turn around within a day or two; if such delays matter to you, check out the manufacturer before buying. Usually, you pay a premium for better compatibility and customer service.

TRENDING THREADS