Intel PRO/100 VM card - Can only get 10Mbps

Can only get this to connect at 10Mbps. I know the port and lan cable
is OK because my colleague can use my connection and gets 100Mbps. And
I can also only get 10Mbps on his cable.

PC is an IBM Intellistation M Pro.

Can't even find any documentation for this card. Just wondering if its
been jumper switched to 10MKbps ?
2 answers Last reply
More about intel card 10mbps

    paulfoel@hotmail.com (paul williams) wrote:
    >Can only get this to connect at 10Mbps. I know the port and lan cable
    >is OK because my colleague can use my connection and gets 100Mbps. And
    >I can also only get 10Mbps on his cable.

    What OS? If Windoze, try checking the device in Device Manager to see
    if it's been configured that way deliberately. I also assume you have
    the latest drivers, and haven't got some wierd cable problem...

    "paul williams" <paulfoel@hotmail.com> kirjoitti viestissä

    > Can only get this to connect at 10Mbps. I know the port and lan cable
    > is OK because my colleague can use my connection and gets 100Mbps.
    > And I can also only get 10Mbps on his cable.

    Are you sure this is a 100Base-TX card?
    It could also be a 100Base-T4 card.
    http://support.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/pro100b/sb/CS-015974.htm

    > Can't even find any documentation for this card.

    You should find information at the Intel web site.
    This page should help you identify the card:
    "Network Adapter Driver Identification Help"
    http://support.intel.com/support/network/sb/CS-008441.htm

    --
    Petri Krohn
    petri. krohn <a@t> iki. FI(nland)

Connection Ethernet Card Intel Networking