Intel PRO/100 VM card - Can only get 10Mbps

Can only get this to connect at 10Mbps. I know the port and lan cable
is OK because my colleague can use my connection and gets 100Mbps. And
I can also only get 10Mbps on his cable.

PC is an IBM Intellistation M Pro.

Can't even find any documentation for this card. Just wondering if its
been jumper switched to 10MKbps ?

paulfoel@hotmail.com (paul williams) wrote:
>Can only get this to connect at 10Mbps. I know the port and lan cable
>is OK because my colleague can use my connection and gets 100Mbps. And
>I can also only get 10Mbps on his cable.

What OS? If Windoze, try checking the device in Device Manager to see
if it's been configured that way deliberately. I also assume you have
the latest drivers, and haven't got some wierd cable problem...

"paul williams" <paulfoel@hotmail.com> kirjoitti viestissä

> Can only get this to connect at 10Mbps. I know the port and lan cable
> is OK because my colleague can use my connection and gets 100Mbps.
> And I can also only get 10Mbps on his cable.

Are you sure this is a 100Base-TX card?
It could also be a 100Base-T4 card.
http://support.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/pro100b/sb/CS-015974.htm

> Can't even find any documentation for this card.

You should find information at the Intel web site.
This page should help you identify the card:
"Network Adapter Driver Identification Help"
http://support.intel.com/support/network/sb/CS-008441.htm

--
Petri Krohn
petri. krohn <a@t> iki. FI(nland)