computer restarts while using internet !

waelt

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
Hey i hope someone will help me......

each time i use the internet the computer restarts after 30-40 min max....
and if i was using the net and i opened any video file it restarts before finishing the video !!

For godsake help me ......

AMD 4200+
2 giga rams
MSI NX7900GT
MSI Diamond Plus
FSP 700w

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Make sure you have auto-restart turned off.

System Properties->Advanced->Startup and Recovery
Uncheck that blasted Automatically Restart checkbox!!

speedo

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
LOLOLOLOL, he might be on safe mode.

I had this problem. Everytime I went on the internet, the computer restarted. So I scanned our pc in safe mode and found a sasser worm. Everything was well after that.

(Excet for our stupid airline braking the pins of my cpu, they denied it)

waelt

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
Sorry for being late ...

Anyway i tried everything , scanned my pc many times using AVAST checked the tempreture .... 36c idle 40 while playing ..

PS: im not using my pc LOL ...

Yes my pc is DESKTOP

speedo

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
I suggest you uninstall avast and install antivir.

You can download a sasser worm scanner from http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2004-050114-1706-99

I really do hope you fix it, it gave me a hard time when I had no idea what it was or even what to do. You can start your pc on save mode by pressing F"number", it is not always the same. It might be F12, F10, F8 or F2, or look at your screen when you start your computer.

Keep pressing one of them and you should be seeing options after starting your pc, chose safe mode with networking...press yes. Then download antivir and a saaser worm scanner. And use this too : http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/ b4 uninstalling or installing anything.

download it and scan ur pc.

Have fun.

Armageddon

Distinguished
May 12, 2004
If it's not a worm, then it's got to have something to do with that crappy Nvidia chipset. For two years I've had NOTHING but major problems using Nforce 4 based boards. Most of them had to do with the Ethernet card and/or firewall setup, and some the IDE setup. The most common were the Ethernet problems, and sometimes it involved random reboots when using the Internet (heavily). I switched to an Intel chipset while waiting for my Core 2 chip, and I'm happy to report very few problems while using a temporary 805, unless I overclock it to much.

Upsetian

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2006
I would suggest disabling the Automatic system restart and checking if there is a BSOD. If there is - look for an error code/description or a file name.

Although this is probably irrelevant ... I have experienced the same problem with modems (dial up) conflicting with HT (Could be the same with Dual Core). Whenever I was online after 4-5 mins I would get a BSOD and IRQ_LESS_OR_EQUEL (or something like that).

Check for the BSOD.

Also if you could tell us what kind of connection you have - and how you connect (Modem / router e.t.c) it could really help.

Upset

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
When the my computer does this I always test my memory with mem test. It is easy and free and in 90 percent of my cases was my problem. Good luck. Bad memory modules can wreak havoc.