Slow copy of small size files

Hi,

In my Windowns 2000 client system copy of small size files is very very slow. For copying 810 small size file of 2 kb size, it takes 45 minutes(Local to Local copy).

File extention is .js.

Also this makes the deployment of ear file slow containing these files.

Thanks in advance
Kirit

Hi, Kirit.

HOW are you copying the files? From the GUI?

On my standalone PC, I like to use the "DOS" window and the old Xcopy.exe
utility for this kind of project. Just:
xcopy C:\Folder1\*.js X:\Folder2

Xcopy goes back to MS-DOS days. The Copy command would move a single file
at a time, doing all the directory and FAT housekeeping between each copy.
Xcopy would copy as many files as the computer's memory could hold, then do
all the housekeeping in a sort of "batch" mode, speeding up the process.
(At least, that's how I understood the process, but I'm an accountant, not a
techie, so the details may be a little fuzzy.)

As usual in the "DOS" window, type xcopy /? to see the syntax and a list of
all the switches available with the command.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX