Sign in with
Your question

New system wont start

Last response: in Systems
August 25, 2006 10:26:05 PM

Bought a gigabyte ds4 mobo, tagan 530 easyconnect psu and core 2 duo e6600 cpu. The problem i have is that the system doesoent seem to get any power from the psu. When i try and start nothing happens, not even fans starting. im ot sure how to connect the atx 20+4 pin and if i also should connect the 12v 2*4 near the cpu (not the black pci-e).
What am i missing? the ground cable is attached to one of the mobo screws and the power on sw is correctly connected so i can start the system by klicking the power button at the front of the case.
The case is an aerocool extremeengine 3t.
Plz help, dont know what to do and im really starting to get desperat and annoyed. Just hope the mobo/psu isnt doa.

More about : system wont start

August 26, 2006 3:06:45 AM

Quote:
Bought a gigabyte ds4 mobo, tagan 530 easyconnect psu and core 2 duo e6600 cpu. The problem i have is that the system doesoent seem to get any power from the psu. When i try and start nothing happens, not even fans starting. im ot sure how to connect the atx 20+4 pin and if i also should connect the 12v 2*4 near the cpu (not the black pci-e).
What am i missing? the ground cable is attached to one of the mobo screws and the power on sw is correctly connected so i can start the system by klicking the power button at the front of the case.
The case is an aerocool extremeengine 3t.
Plz help, dont know what to do and im really starting to get desperat and annoyed. Just hope the mobo/psu isnt doa.

20+4 should go into your main power slot in your mobo, the one that says ATX on it. You need to put that 12V 4 pin into your mobo to start it up, if you do not (i think) that your mobo will have power, but not enough power to boot up (so you might see your LED on mobo on, but it wont start, considering there is an indicating light on the DS4).

Is this your first build? Do you have a multimeter?
August 26, 2006 5:36:50 AM

Its not my first build, but first atx 24-pin build.
I dont see any indicator light on the mobo, just the back of the psu.
How can i check that my mobo has power using a multimeter??
August 26, 2006 7:09:24 AM

Got the computer running now, the only problem is that the cpu fan wont start. Got a zalman CNP-9500 AT.
All other fans, both video card and psu start. Does the zalman have some kind of problem with the gigabyte mobo?
!