Folder View not working in Windows Explorer.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 14, 2004 1:08:44 PM

When I open Windows Explorer, the Folder View on the left
hand side (Where you would normally have My Computer and
the file system tree) is blank (grey). I can close and
open the window and I can access and navigate on the right
side. It is the same for all users on this PC. Any idea
how to get the Folder View back?

Thanks,

Greg
May 14, 2004 3:19:22 PM

I found the answer to my own question.

For some reason the following registry key was not updated
correctly when IE was updated from 5.5 to version 6.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{EFA24E64-B078-11d0-89E4-
00C04FC9E26E}\InProcServer32

The default value for this key in IE 5.5
is "Browseui.dll". For all other versions of IE it
is "Shdocvw.dll"

Greg

Anonymous
May 26, 2004 9:04:33 AM

I have the exact same problem as you do.
If you have found the answer to this or anyone else for
that matter, please send the solution to this address:
henrik.andersson@borgholm.se

June 2, 2004 8:19:17 PM

Greg wrote:
> *When I open Windows Explorer, the Folder View on the left
> hand side (Where you would normally have My Computer and
> the file system tree) is blank (grey). I can close and
> open the window and I can access and navigate on the right
> side. It is the same for all users on this PC. Any idea
> how to get the Folder View back?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg *

I have the same problem and am reading something about it possibly
being connected to a registry key. but I will let you know if I find
out anything more.

--
jm-conair
June 10, 2004 8:22:12 AM

I just found the solution to this issue:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/greyfolderpane.htm

*REGSVR32 /i SHDOCVW*

--
Agnostic

--
Agnostic
June 18, 2004 1:02:39 PM

jm-conair wrote:
> *Greg wrote:
> > *When I open Windows Explorer, the Folder View on the left
> > hand side (Where you would normally have My Computer and
> > the file system tree) is blank (grey). I can close and
> > open the window and I can access and navigate on the right
> > side. It is the same for all users on this PC. Any idea
> > how to get the Folder View back?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Greg *
>

> I have the same problem and am reading something about it possibly
> being connected to a registry key. but I will let you know if I
> find
> out anything more.
>

> --
> jm-conair

I have this problem also, and I saw someone post a solution at this

Read down and follow the thread. Admittedly I haven't tried it yet. My
server resides in a data center and I think something like this is
better performed onsite. But just to share info with someone equally in
need.

mccjan

--
mccjan