Folder View not working in Windows Explorer.

When I open Windows Explorer, the Folder View on the left
hand side (Where you would normally have My Computer and
the file system tree) is blank (grey). I can close and
open the window and I can access and navigate on the right
side. It is the same for all users on this PC. Any idea
how to get the Folder View back?

Thanks,

Greg
6 answers Last reply
More about folder view working windows explorer

    I found the answer to my own question.

    For some reason the following registry key was not updated
    correctly when IE was updated from 5.5 to version 6.

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{EFA24E64-B078-11d0-89E4-
    00C04FC9E26E}\InProcServer32

    The default value for this key in IE 5.5
    is "Browseui.dll". For all other versions of IE it
    is "Shdocvw.dll"

    Greg

    I have the exact same problem as you do.
    If you have found the answer to this or anyone else for
    that matter, please send the solution to this address:
    henrik.andersson@borgholm.se

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    Greg wrote:
    > *When I open Windows Explorer, the Folder View on the left
    > hand side (Where you would normally have My Computer and
    > the file system tree) is blank (grey). I can close and
    > open the window and I can access and navigate on the right
    > side. It is the same for all users on this PC. Any idea
    > how to get the Folder View back?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Greg *

    I have the same problem and am reading something about it possibly
    being connected to a registry key. but I will let you know if I find
    out anything more.

    --
    jm-conair
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    I just found the solution to this issue:
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/greyfolderpane.htm

    *REGSVR32 /i SHDOCVW*

    --
    Agnostic
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    --
    Agnostic
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    jm-conair wrote:
    > *Greg wrote:
    > > *When I open Windows Explorer, the Folder View on the left
    > > hand side (Where you would normally have My Computer and
    > > the file system tree) is blank (grey). I can close and
    > > open the window and I can access and navigate on the right
    > > side. It is the same for all users on this PC. Any idea
    > > how to get the Folder View back?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Greg *
    >

    > I have the same problem and am reading something about it possibly
    > being connected to a registry key. but I will let you know if I
    > find
    > out anything more.
    >

    > --
    > jm-conair

    I have this problem also, and I saw someone post a solution at this

    Read down and follow the thread. Admittedly I haven't tried it yet. My
    server resides in a data center and I think something like this is
    better performed onsite. But just to share info with someone equally in
    need.

    mccjan

    --
    mccjan

Windows Explorer File System Microsoft Windows