Best online source for Canon inks in the USA?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 24, 2005 3:23:06 PM

Who's the cheapest AND has reliable service?

Looking for OEM tanks, not compatibles.

TIA
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 11:17:55 AM

Dan G wrote:

>Who's the cheapest AND has reliable service?
>
>Looking for OEM tanks, not compatibles.
>
>TIA

Great, a wise choice

Costco

July 25, 2005 11:17:56 AM

measekite wrote:

> Dan G wrote:
>
>> Who's the cheapest AND has reliable service?
>>
>> Looking for OEM tanks, not compatibles.
>>
>> TIA
>>

> Great, a wise choice
>
> Costco

What's "wise" about paying three times as much for something when you
can get the same results much cheaper?
Only a complete idiot who is a moron would think that is a "wise" move.
Frank
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 6:34:42 PM

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> Dan G wrote:
>>
>>> Who's the cheapest AND has reliable service?
>>>
>>> Looking for OEM tanks, not compatibles.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>

>> Great, a wise choice
>>
>> Costco
>>

> What's "wise" about paying three times as much for something when you
> can get the same results much cheaper?
> Only a complete idiot who is a moron would think that is a "wise" move.
> Frank

Big lie! Simply not true.Don't believe a word this troll says. After
market inks do not perform just as well as oem inks.

Why do you think this poster is a complete idiot?
July 25, 2005 6:34:43 PM

measekite wrote:

> Why do you think this poster is a complete idiot?

You're the complete idiot and we all know it.
Moron.
Frank
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 9:40:19 PM

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> Why do you think this poster is a complete idiot?
>

> You're the complete idiot and we all know it.
> Moron.
> Frank

Big lie! Simply not true.Don't believe a word this troll says. After
market inks do not perform just as well as oem inks.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 4:20:02 AM

In article <6M6Fe.298$kk6.79@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
inkystinky@oem.com says...

> Frank wrote:
>
> > measekite wrote:
> >

> Big lie! Simply not true.Don't believe a word this troll says. After
> market inks do not perform just as well as oem inks.

Actually, some do, some don't. Evaluate posts for yourself.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 3:30:42 PM

Not to break up the fascinating discussion, but I'm looking for Canon tanks,
not compatibles.
OEM are Canon made,
Doesn't anyone here ever buy them?
Office Depot and WalMart are the cheapest I've found thus far. I was hoping
some online seller would be cheaper, after shipping, but the shipping seems
to kill the deal every time.

"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
> Who's the cheapest AND has reliable service?
>
> Looking for OEM tanks, not compatibles.
>
> TIA

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 9:48:09 PM

Dan G wrote:

>Not to break up the fascinating discussion, but I'm looking for Canon tanks,
>not compatibles.
>OEM are Canon made,
>Doesn't anyone here ever buy them?
>Office Depot and WalMart are the cheapest I've found thus far. I was hoping
>some online seller would be cheaper, after shipping, but the shipping seems
>to kill the deal every time.

Costco at about $9.00 per cart average. A set of cym is about $27.00

>"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
>

>>Who's the cheapest AND has reliable service?
>>
>>Looking for OEM tanks, not compatibles.
>>
>>TIA

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 9:54:50 PM

THERE WEBSITE DOES NOT DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION AT ALL. THE ONLY THING
THEY SAY IS THEY USE COMPATIBLE PREIMUM INK. YOU CANNOT EVEN WIPE YOUR
ASS WITH THAT.

Stick Stickus wrote:

>Cartridge World compats are supplied by Jet Tec who use Sensient (Formulabs)
>inks.

July 26, 2005 9:54:51 PM

measekite wrote:

> THERE WEBSITE DOES NOT DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION AT ALL. THE ONLY THING
> THEY SAY IS THEY USE COMPATIBLE PREIMUM INK. YOU CANNOT EVEN WIPE YOUR
> ASS WITH THAT.

Hut-oh! So that's what you're interested in huh. Wiping your ass. Well
you need to go to www.shitpaper.com for that!
Frank
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 3:16:10 AM

In article <_LsFe.986$kk6.214@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
inkystinky@oem.com says...

> > measekite wrote:
> >

> ALL 3RD PARTY INK VENDORS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHERE AND WHO IS THE
> MFG/FORMULATOR OF THE INK THEY SELL IN PREFILLED CARTS. IF ANYBODY AND
> I MEAN ANYBODY (EVEN THE 2 PRIMARY LOWLIFES ON THIS NG) KNOW DIFFERENT
> THEN THEY SHOULD POST WHO THAT IS SO OTHERS CAN JUDGE, REMEMBER I AM
> SPEAKING ABOUT PREFILLED CARTS.

But if you fill your own, which is the way to save real money, and more
convenient also, since 100 cartridges worth of ink is half the size of a
beer can, and every refill is from the same lot.

> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS.

but you don't really know, not having tried it. It's like pumping your
own gas, except the saving is equivalent to 11 cents a gallon vs $2.30
at full serve.

Here's my source of Sentient ink for Canon, branded, with lot # & mfg
date on each bottle. Since you have previously snipped this out of my
posts, denying others of information from an experienced, satisfied user
(not just a poser like you, who has no refill experience)

alotofthings.com alotofthings.com alotofthings.com alotofthings.com
alotofthings.com alotofthings.com alotofthings.com alotofthings.com

Measley, if you snip it out of this post, it will be the most
counterproductive move you have ever made.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 3:24:33 AM

In article <6MadnQWYyNue73vfRVn-1g@comcast.com>, Dan@xxxx.com says...
> Not to break up the fascinating discussion, but I'm looking for Canon tanks,
> not compatibles.
> OEM are Canon made,
> Doesn't anyone here ever buy them?
> Office Depot and WalMart are the cheapest I've found thus far. I was hoping
> some online seller would be cheaper, after shipping, but the shipping seems
> to kill the deal every time.
>

> "Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
> > Who's the cheapest AND has reliable service?
> >
> > Looking for OEM tanks, not compatibles.

You might try watching Amazon.com for a deal. Shipping is free for
orders over $25 (with restrictions). I got first $30 worth of stuff free
for applying for thier Visa card, and used it all on a shitload of Canon
+ glossy paper. (a shitload being defined as about 300 4x6 sheets)
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 3:32:00 AM

In article <KNuFe.1054$kk6.803@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
inkystinky@oem.com says...
> THERE WEBSITE DOES NOT DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION AT ALL. THE ONLY THING
> THEY SAY IS THEY USE COMPATIBLE PREIMUM INK. YOU CANNOT EVEN WIPE YOUR
> ASS WITH THAT.

Wow! I bet wiping your ass with ink (OEM or not) would be really messy!
But, just like you with refilling cartridges, I've never tried it.

I guess I'd better devote my miserable life to warning people about ink
ass wiping.

Or, I could wait and see if anybody with real experience has something
to say.

> Stick Stickus wrote:
>
> >Cartridge World compats are supplied by Jet Tec who use Sensient (Formulabs)
> >inks.

Bulk Sensient ink available from alotofthings.com, who Measley hates for
no reason connected to the quality of their ink.

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 3:36:01 AM

In article <PDvFe.158573$go.35741@fed1read05>, fb@notspam.com says...
> measekite wrote:
>
> > THERE WEBSITE DOES NOT DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION AT ALL. THE ONLY THING
> > THEY SAY IS THEY USE COMPATIBLE PREIMUM INK. YOU CANNOT EVEN WIPE YOUR
> > ASS WITH THAT.
>
> Hut-oh! So that's what you're interested in huh. Wiping your ass. Well
> you need to go to www.shitpaper.com for that!
> Frank

Can't do. They don't disclose the trees, or even forests that their
paper comes from. It is unbranded! Canon makes all their paper from
Canon trees, from the Canon forest in heavily wooded interior of Japan.
July 27, 2005 4:07:13 AM

> But if you fill your own, which is the way to save real money, and more
> convenient also, since 100 cartridges worth of ink is half the size of a
> beer can, and every refill is from the same lot.

Your beer cans are 3.0l? Wow that's amazing. I don't buy from cans but
I believe the bottles I buy are 320ish ml , where 100carts of bci6 ink
would be 1.5l, or bci-3bk would be 2.5l. 100 BCI6 inks would be
roughly equal to 4.7 12oz beers or so. Just so happens I owned a 1.5l
beer glass etched with the letters "bet you can't".

While I dispute your point on volume of beer cans, I must concur on the
issue of color from the same lot. Anyone who's done any form of
painting knows that when you buy new paint, it's going to be a little
different than the old.... so one mixes all their cans together to
provide one consistant color. I can see bulk filling being a key
advantage here. While i've not bought enough canon ink... I could see
the epson's ink tended to be different from each other... even when the
ink was bought from the same place. I tended to notice this more as I
was taking cartrages that were officaly spent and extracting the 2-5ml
left in them. The usual ratio was 5 spent to one full cart.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 4:25:36 AM

In article <_LsFe.986$kk6.214@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
inkystinky@oem.com says...
> > measekite wrote:
> >
> ALL 3RD PARTY INK VENDORS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHERE AND WHO IS THE
> MFG/FORMULATOR OF THE INK THEY SELL IN PREFILLED CARTS. IF ANYBODY AND
> I MEAN ANYBODY (EVEN THE 2 PRIMARY LOWLIFES ON THIS NG) KNOW DIFFERENT
> THEN THEY SHOULD POST WHO THAT IS SO OTHERS CAN JUDGE, REMEMBER I AM
> SPEAKING ABOUT PREFILLED CARTS.

But prefilled cartridges offer very small savings compared to refilling,
so refilling is where the focus should be for anyone trying to save $

> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS.

But, you admit you have never tried it! I have, and it's a nobrainer
similar to pumping your own gas. (and the equivalent saving would be as
if gas cost 11 cents a gallon if you pumped your own, and $2.30 for full
service).

And the Sensient brand ink I have been using (clearly labeled with
manufacturer, lot #, and mfg. date) works perfectly.

Just to make up for the times you have snipped the source out of my
posts, to deny others this information,

I bought mine from alotofthings.com
That's:

alotofthings.com alotofthings.com alotofthings.com

alotofthings.com alotofthings.com alotofthings.com

alotofthings.com alotofthings.com alotofthings.com

and there are other good vendors, also, based on reports from actual
users (unlike you)
July 27, 2005 4:37:58 AM

On 7/26/2005 12:30 PM, Dan G wrote:
> Not to break up the fascinating discussion, but I'm looking for Canon tanks,
> not compatibles.
> OEM are Canon made,
> Doesn't anyone here ever buy them?
> Office Depot and WalMart are the cheapest I've found thus far. I was hoping
> some online seller would be cheaper, after shipping, but the shipping seems
> to kill the deal every time.
>

> "Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
>
>>Who's the cheapest AND has reliable service?
>>
>>Looking for OEM tanks, not compatibles.
>>
>>TIA

Staples is the cheapest place that I've found them. If you buy at least
two cartridges they take off another dollar or more. You don't have to
buy two of the same color to get the discount. Additionally, if you
have a Discover card you can use the CashBack bonus and instead of
getting $20 cash you can get a Staples certificate for $25. Two
cartridges will probably cost less than $25, so you'll have to buy some
candy or something to spend it all. Or buy a third cartridge at the
lower price by adding a bit of cash when you check out.

Bernie
July 27, 2005 10:27:04 AM

measekite wrote:

> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS

You think! Oh please don't make me laugh. You've never in your
measershit life stopped to think. You have no idea what the word think
even means.
Frank
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 10:51:28 AM

"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
> THERE WEBSITE DOES NOT DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION AT ALL. THE ONLY THING
> THEY SAY IS THEY USE COMPATIBLE PREIMUM INK. YOU CANNOT EVEN WIPE YOUR
> ASS WITH THAT.

If you were to use what little brain you have, you would have read on their
website that they guarrentee 'that you should find no difference between
their inks and the originals, they further say that they also warranty your
printer in the event that using a refilled cartridge done by them causes
damage to your printer'.
http://www.cartridgeworld.org/warranty.html What could be fairer than that!
You could have actually asked them what inks they use, but I suppose that
would have been too much trouble for you.
Regards
Stick, Oxford, UK
#Remove the 'at' and the'dots' to reply
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 10:58:37 AM

Bernie wrote:

> On 7/26/2005 12:30 PM, Dan G wrote:
>
>> Not to break up the fascinating discussion, but I'm looking for Canon
>> tanks,
>> not compatibles.
>> OEM are Canon made,
>> Doesn't anyone here ever buy them?
>> Office Depot and WalMart are the cheapest I've found thus far. I was
>> hoping
>> some online seller would be cheaper, after shipping, but the shipping
>> seems
>> to kill the deal every time.
>>

>> "Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Who's the cheapest AND has reliable service?
>>>
>>> Looking for OEM tanks, not compatibles.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>

> Staples is the cheapest place that I've found them. If you buy at
> least two cartridges they take off another dollar or more. You don't
> have to buy two of the same color to get the discount. Additionally,
> if you have a Discover card you can use the CashBack bonus and instead
> of getting $20 cash you can get a Staples certificate for $25. Two
> cartridges will probably cost less than $25, so you'll have to buy
> some candy or something to spend it all. Or buy a third cartridge at
> the lower price by adding a bit of cash when you check out.
>
> Bernie

COSTCO IS THE CHEAPEST PLACE I FOUND. I JUST BOUGHT A SET OF COLOR
(CYM) FOR $26.00. THAT IS LESS THEN $9.00 A CART
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 10:59:41 AM

Stick Stickus wrote:

>>Stick Stickus wrote:
>>

>>>Cartridge World compats are supplied by Jet Tec who use Sensient
>>>(Formulabs) inks.
>>>

>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>

>>THERE WEBSITE DOES NOT DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION AT ALL. THE ONLY THING
>>THEY SAY IS THEY USE COMPATIBLE PREIMUM INK. YOU CANNOT EVEN WIPE YOUR
>>ASS WITH THAT.
>>

>If you were to use what little brain you have, you would have read on their
>website that they guarrentee 'that you should find no difference between
>their inks and the originals, they further say that they also warranty your
>printer in the event that using a refilled cartridge done by them causes
>damage to your printer'.

THEN YOU MUST BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS AND THE TOOTH FAIRY

>http://www.cartridgeworld.org/warranty.html What could be fairer than that!
>You could have actually asked them what inks they use, but I suppose that
>would have been too much trouble for you.
> Regards
>Stick, Oxford, UK
>#Remove the 'at' and the'dots' to reply

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 11:02:17 AM

Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:

>In article <_LsFe.986$kk6.214@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
>inkystinky@oem.com says...
>

>>>measekite wrote:
>>>

>>ALL 3RD PARTY INK VENDORS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHERE AND WHO IS THE
>>MFG/FORMULATOR OF THE INK THEY SELL IN PREFILLED CARTS. IF ANYBODY AND
>>I MEAN ANYBODY (EVEN THE 2 PRIMARY LOWLIFES ON THIS NG) KNOW DIFFERENT
>>THEN THEY SHOULD POST WHO THAT IS SO OTHERS CAN JUDGE, REMEMBER I AM
>>SPEAKING ABOUT PREFILLED CARTS.
>>

>But if you fill your own, which is the way to save real money, and more
>convenient also, since 100 cartridges worth of ink is half the size of a
>beer can, and every refill is from the same lot.
>

>>I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS.
>>

>but you don't really know, not having tried it. It's like pumping your
>own gas, except the saving is equivalent to 11 cents a gallon vs $2.30
>at full serve.
>
>Here's my source of Sentient ink for Canon, branded, with lot # & mfg
>date on each bottle. Since you have previously snipped this out of my
>posts, denying others of information from an experienced, satisfied user
>(not just a poser like you, who has no refill experience)
>
>PECKERBLOOMER YOU ARE A STUBBORN IDIOT. YOU ARE GTTING RELIGION. YOU SHOULD JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE AFTERMARKET INKIES. POPE BURTIE FURTIE AND DEACON FRANKIE DA RODENT CRANKIE WILL BE GLAD TO GIVE YOU A BRISS (THAT MEANS CUTTING YOU DICK OFF)

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 11:04:54 AM

Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:

>In article <PDvFe.158573$go.35741@fed1read05>, fb@notspam.com says...
>

>>measekite wrote:
>>

>>>THERE WEBSITE DOES NOT DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION AT ALL. THE ONLY THING
>>>THEY SAY IS THEY USE COMPATIBLE PREIMUM INK. YOU CANNOT EVEN WIPE YOUR
>>>ASS WITH THAT.
>>>

>>Hut-oh! So that's what you're interested in huh. Wiping your ass. Well
>>you need to go to www.shitpaper.com for that!
>>Frank
>>

>Can't do. They don't disclose the trees, or even forests that their
>paper comes from. It is unbranded! Canon makes all their paper from
>Canon trees, from the Canon forest in heavily wooded interior of Japan.

AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER
July 27, 2005 11:04:55 AM

measekite wrote:

> Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:

>>> Hut-oh! So that's what you're interested in huh. Wiping your ass.
>>> Well you need to go to www.shitpaper.com for that!
>>> Frank
>>>

>> Can't do. They don't disclose the trees, or even forests that their
>> paper comes from. It is unbranded! Canon makes all their paper from
>> Canon trees, from the Canon forest in heavily wooded interior of Japan.
>>

> AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER

Cool it measershit. You're out of control again!
Frank
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 2:30:31 PM

Thanks,
Right now, Office Depot is cheaper than Staples in store. But both are more
than I want to spend.

"Bernie" <bernie@notreally.com> wrote in message
> On 7/26/2005 12:30 PM, Dan G wrote:
> > Not to break up the fascinating discussion, but I'm looking for Canon
tanks,
> > not compatibles.
> > OEM are Canon made,
> > Doesn't anyone here ever buy them?
> > Office Depot and WalMart are the cheapest I've found thus far. I was
hoping
> > some online seller would be cheaper, after shipping, but the shipping
seems
> > to kill the deal every time.
> >

> > "Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Who's the cheapest AND has reliable service?
> >>
> >>Looking for OEM tanks, not compatibles.
> >>
> >>TIA
> >>

> Staples is the cheapest place that I've found them. If you buy at least
> two cartridges they take off another dollar or more. You don't have to
> buy two of the same color to get the discount. Additionally, if you
> have a Discover card you can use the CashBack bonus and instead of
> getting $20 cash you can get a Staples certificate for $25. Two
> cartridges will probably cost less than $25, so you'll have to buy some
> candy or something to spend it all. Or buy a third cartridge at the
> lower price by adding a bit of cash when you check out.
>
> Bernie
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 5:47:38 PM

Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:

>In article <_LsFe.986$kk6.214@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
>inkystinky@oem.com says...
>

>>>measekite wrote:
>>>

>>ALL 3RD PARTY INK VENDORS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHERE AND WHO IS THE
>>MFG/FORMULATOR OF THE INK THEY SELL IN PREFILLED CARTS. IF ANYBODY AND
>>I MEAN ANYBODY (EVEN THE 2 PRIMARY LOWLIFES ON THIS NG) KNOW DIFFERENT
>>THEN THEY SHOULD POST WHO THAT IS SO OTHERS CAN JUDGE, REMEMBER I AM
>>SPEAKING ABOUT PREFILLED CARTS.
>>

>But prefilled cartridges offer very small savings compared to refilling,
>so refilling is where the focus should be for anyone trying to save $
>

>>I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS.
>>

>But, you admit you have never tried it! I have, and it's a nobrainer
>similar to pumping your own gas. (and the equivalent saving would be as
>if gas cost 11 cents a gallon if you pumped your own, and $2.30 for full
>service).

ALL 3RD PARTY INK VENDORS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHERE AND WHO IS THE
MFG/FORMULATOR OF THE INK THEY SELL IN PREFILLED CARTS. IF ANYBODY AND
I MEAN ANYBODY (EVEN THE 2 PRIMARY LOWLIFES ON THIS NG) KNOW DIFFERENT
THEN THEY SHOULD POST WHO THAT IS SO OTHERS CAN JUDGE, REMEMBER I AM
SPEAKING ABOUT PREFILLED CARTS.

I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS.

ALL 3RD PARTY INK VENDORS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHERE AND WHO IS THE
MFG/FORMULATOR OF THE INK THEY SELL IN PREFILLED CARTS. IF ANYBODY AND
I MEAN ANYBODY (EVEN THE 2 PRIMARY LOWLIFES ON THIS NG) KNOW DIFFERENT
THEN THEY SHOULD POST WHO THAT IS SO OTHERS CAN JUDGE, REMEMBER I AM
SPEAKING ABOUT PREFILLED CARTS.
I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS.

ALL 3RD PARTY INK VENDORS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHERE AND WHO IS THE
MFG/FORMULATOR OF THE INK THEY SELL IN PREFILLED CARTS. IF ANYBODY AND
I MEAN ANYBODY (EVEN THE 2 PRIMARY LOWLIFES ON THIS NG) KNOW DIFFERENT
THEN THEY SHOULD POST WHO THAT IS SO OTHERS CAN JUDGE, REMEMBER I AM
SPEAKING ABOUT PREFILLED CARTS.
I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS.

ALL 3RD PARTY INK VENDORS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHERE AND WHO IS THE
MFG/FORMULATOR OF THE INK THEY SELL IN PREFILLED CARTS. IF ANYBODY AND
I MEAN ANYBODY (EVEN THE 2 PRIMARY LOWLIFES ON THIS NG) KNOW DIFFERENT
THEN THEY SHOULD POST WHO THAT IS SO OTHERS CAN JUDGE, REMEMBER I AM
SPEAKING ABOUT PREFILLED CARTS.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
July 27, 2005 5:47:39 PM

measekite wrote:

> Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:
>
>> In article <_LsFe.986$kk6.214@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
>> inkystinky@oem.com says...

>>> ALL 3RD PARTY INK VENDORS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHERE AND WHO IS THE
>>> MFG/FORMULATOR OF THE INK THEY SELL IN PREFILLED CARTS. IF ANYBODY
>>> AND I MEAN ANYBODY (EVEN THE 2 PRIMARY LOWLIFES ON THIS NG) KNOW
>>> DIFFERENT THEN THEY SHOULD POST WHO THAT IS SO OTHERS CAN JUDGE,
>>> REMEMBER I AM SPEAKING ABOUT PREFILLED CARTS.
>>>

>> But prefilled cartridges offer very small savings compared to
>> refilling, so refilling is where the focus should be for anyone trying
>> to save $
>>

>>> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS.
>>>

>> But, you admit you have never tried it! I have, and it's a nobrainer
>> similar to pumping your own gas. (and the equivalent saving would be
>> as if gas cost 11 cents a gallon if you pumped your own, and $2.30 for
>> full service).
>>

> ALL 3RD PARTY INK VENDORS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHERE AND WHO IS THE
> MFG/FORMULATOR OF THE INK THEY SELL IN PREFILLED CARTS. IF ANYBODY AND
> I MEAN ANYBODY (EVEN THE 2 PRIMARY LOWLIFES ON THIS NG) KNOW DIFFERENT
> THEN THEY SHOULD POST WHO THAT IS SO OTHERS CAN JUDGE, REMEMBER I AM
> SPEAKING ABOUT PREFILLED CARTS.
>
> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS.
>

> ALL 3RD PARTY INK VENDORS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHERE AND WHO IS THE
> MFG/FORMULATOR OF THE INK THEY SELL IN PREFILLED CARTS. IF ANYBODY AND
> I MEAN ANYBODY (EVEN THE 2 PRIMARY LOWLIFES ON THIS NG) KNOW DIFFERENT
> THEN THEY SHOULD POST WHO THAT IS SO OTHERS CAN JUDGE, REMEMBER I AM
> SPEAKING ABOUT PREFILLED CARTS.
> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS.
>

> ALL 3RD PARTY INK VENDORS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHERE AND WHO IS THE
> MFG/FORMULATOR OF THE INK THEY SELL IN PREFILLED CARTS. IF ANYBODY AND
> I MEAN ANYBODY (EVEN THE 2 PRIMARY LOWLIFES ON THIS NG) KNOW DIFFERENT
> THEN THEY SHOULD POST WHO THAT IS SO OTHERS CAN JUDGE, REMEMBER I AM
> SPEAKING ABOUT PREFILLED CARTS.
> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS.
>

> ALL 3RD PARTY INK VENDORS WILL NOT TELL YOU WHERE AND WHO IS THE
> MFG/FORMULATOR OF THE INK THEY SELL IN PREFILLED CARTS. IF ANYBODY AND
> I MEAN ANYBODY (EVEN THE 2 PRIMARY LOWLIFES ON THIS NG) KNOW DIFFERENT
> THEN THEY SHOULD POST WHO THAT IS SO OTHERS CAN JUDGE, REMEMBER I AM
> SPEAKING ABOUT PREFILLED CARTS.
>
> :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
> :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
<------------------------------------------------------------------------->

abuse@prodigy.net
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 5:55:43 PM

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:
>>
>>> In article <PDvFe.158573$go.35741@fed1read05>, fb@notspam.com says...

>>> Can't do. They don't disclose the trees, or even forests that their
>>> paper comes from. It is unbranded! Canon makes all their paper from
>>> Canon trees, from the Canon forest in heavily wooded interior of Japan.
>>>

>> AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER
>

> Cool it measershit. You're out of control again!
> Frank

AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU
WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE
[...]
July 27, 2005 5:55:44 PM

measekite wrote:

> Frank wrote:
>
>> measekite wrote:

>>> AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER
>>

>> Cool it measershit. You're out of control again!
>> Frank
>

> AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU
> WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE
> MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE
> WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A
> FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER
> AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU
> WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE
> MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE
> WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A
> FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER
> AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU
> WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE
> MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE
> WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A
> FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER
> AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU
> WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE
> MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE
> WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A
> FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER
> AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU
> WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE
> MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE
> WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A
> FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER
> AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU
> WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE
> MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE
> WITH A FINGER

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
abuse@prodigy.net
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 5:55:44 PM

>>> AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER
>>

>> Cool it measershit. You're out of control again!
>> Frank
>

> AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND
> YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU
> WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE
> MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE
> WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A
> FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER
> AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND
> YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU
> WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE
> MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE
> WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A
> FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER
> AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND
> YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU
> WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE
> MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE
> WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A
> FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER
> AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND
> YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU
> WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE
> MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE
> WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A
> FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER
> AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND
> YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU
> WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE
> MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE
> WITH A FINGER AND YOU WERE MADE WITH A FINGER

I see you've mastered copy and paste.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 5:56:42 PM

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
>

> You think! Oh please don't make me laugh. You've never in your
> measershit life stopped to think. You have no idea what the word think
> even means.
> Frank

I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
July 27, 2005 5:56:43 PM

measekite wrote:

> Frank wrote:
>
>> measekite wrote:
>>

>>> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
>>

>> You think! Oh please don't make me laugh. You've never in your
>> measershit life stopped to think. You have no idea what the word think
>> even means.
>> Frank
>

> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS
> I STILL THINK REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS

<-------------------------------------------------->
abuse@prodigy.net
July 27, 2005 8:52:12 PM

Dan - Just out of curiosity I googled OEM Canon ink carts and also looked at
sites of half a dozen ink vendors. As you've found out, no one deeply
discounts these items. This is what drives some people, myself included, to
to seek out the safest and best color match aftermarket inks we can find.
Measekite's rant aside, there are some very good ones out there. The Costco
deal Measekite always suggests is probably as good as you can get, although
I haven't seen the low dye load photo magenta and photo cyan or the red and
green inks for the 8 color printers. Since I don't use the BCI-3ebk pigment
black cart in my i960 printer I didn't look for it at Costco, but I don't
recall seeing that there either. It looks like you either go with OEM at a
small discount at a local vendor or try a recommended aftermarket product.

> Thanks,
> Right now, Office Depot is cheaper than Staples in store. But both are
> more
> than I want to spend.
>

> "Bernie" <bernie@notreally.com> wrote in message
>> On 7/26/2005 12:30 PM, Dan G wrote:
>> > Not to break up the fascinating discussion, but I'm looking for Canon
> tanks,
>> > not compatibles.
>> > OEM are Canon made,
>> > Doesn't anyone here ever buy them?
>> > Office Depot and WalMart are the cheapest I've found thus far. I was
> hoping
>> > some online seller would be cheaper, after shipping, but the shipping
> seems
>> > to kill the deal every time.
>> >

>> > "Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message

>> Staples is the cheapest place that I've found them. If you buy at least
>> two cartridges they take off another dollar or more. You don't have to
>> buy two of the same color to get the discount. Additionally, if you
>> have a Discover card you can use the CashBack bonus and instead of
>> getting $20 cash you can get a Staples certificate for $25. Two
>> cartridges will probably cost less than $25, so you'll have to buy some
>> candy or something to spend it all. Or buy a third cartridge at the
>> lower price by adding a bit of cash when you check out.
>>
>> Bernie

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 8:52:13 PM

Hi, thanks.
I've been using www.inkjetsaver.com for years and have had no complaints. I
refill my IP3000 (S750 before that) for office use.
I want to start printing more photos in my IP4000, and am considering
sticking with Canon inks for that, as I see really severe fading on Canon
paper with these inks. Office Depot Pro paper fades a lot less, but still
it's a serious problem.

So anyway, I wanted to lay in some OEM tanks for testing against compatibles
in the IP4000. I may well wind up using compatibles, but not until I satisfy
myself that the fading issue is no worse with them.

The beauty of Canon is that you can easily afford to do these side-by-side
tests without taking a second mortgage.

I really hoped to avoid the usual compatibles inks trolls, ah well that's
what the kill file is for. ;-)

"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Dan - Just out of curiosity I googled OEM Canon ink carts and also looked
at
> sites of half a dozen ink vendors. As you've found out, no one deeply
> discounts these items. This is what drives some people, myself included,
> to seek out the safest and best color match aftermarket inks we can find.
> Measekite's rant aside, there are some very good ones out there. The
Costco
> deal Measekite always suggests is probably as good as you can get,
although
> I haven't seen the low dye load photo magenta and photo cyan or the red
and
> green inks for the 8 color printers. Since I don't use the BCI-3ebk
pigment
> black cart in my i960 printer I didn't look for it at Costco, but I don't
> recall seeing that there either. It looks like you either go with OEM at
> small discount at a local vendor or try a recommended aftermarket product.
>

> "Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks,
> > Right now, Office Depot is cheaper than Staples in store. But both are
> > more
> > than I want to spend.
> >

> > "Bernie" <bernie@notreally.com> wrote in message
> > tanks,
> > hoping
> > seems

> >> Staples is the cheapest place that I've found them. If you buy at
least
> >> two cartridges they take off another dollar or more. You don't have to
> >> buy two of the same color to get the discount. Additionally, if you
> >> have a Discover card you can use the CashBack bonus and instead of
> >> getting $20 cash you can get a Staples certificate for $25. Two
> >> cartridges will probably cost less than $25, so you'll have to buy some
> >> candy or something to spend it all. Or buy a third cartridge at the
> >> lower price by adding a bit of cash when you check out.
> >>
> >> Bernie

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 9:23:59 PM

I've had good luck with databazaar.com. I think the colored inks are
$11, shipping is free (with no minimum), and orders arrive very
quickly.

-- AK
July 27, 2005 11:03:40 PM

> Hi, thanks.
> I've been using www.inkjetsaver.com for years and have had no complaints.
> refill my IP3000 (S750 before that) for office use.
> I want to start printing more photos in my IP4000, and am considering
> sticking with Canon inks for that, as I see really severe fading on Canon
> paper with these inks. Office Depot Pro paper fades a lot less, but still
> it's a serious problem.
>
> So anyway, I wanted to lay in some OEM tanks for testing against
> compatibles
> in the IP4000. I may well wind up using compatibles, but not until I
> satisfy
> myself that the fading issue is no worse with them.
>
> The beauty of Canon is that you can easily afford to do these side-by-side
> tests without taking a second mortgage.
>
> I really hoped to avoid the usual compatibles inks trolls, ah well that's
> what the kill file is for. ;-)
(SNIP)
Dan - I've had great results with MIS for refilling and others have used
Formulabs bulk or hobbicolor bulk with their empty carts. Email me if you
want more info.(to avoid more troll activity)
July 27, 2005 11:04:42 PM

> Up until last week when I was in the SF Costco they did not stock PM, PC, R, or G.

Yes, the last time I looked at my local costco they only had the CYM
packs, no BCI-6Bk, no PM, PC, R, G. They did have nice three packs of
the BCI-3ebks, but that was about it. Granted I don't use any of those
but I wanted to see their cost just for my personal reference.

Actually my local office depot doesn't even carry R and G... but they
do carry MICR ink (BCI-3emx 6pack)... which might come in handy as I
always run out of deposit slips first.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 11:28:03 PM

Burt wrote:

>Dan - Just out of curiosity I googled OEM Canon ink carts and also looked at
>sites of half a dozen ink vendors. As you've found out, no one deeply
>discounts these items. This is what drives some people, myself included, to
>to seek out the safest and best color match aftermarket inks we can find.
>Measekite's rant aside, there are some very good ones out there. The Costco
>deal Measekite always suggests is probably as good as you can get, although
>I haven't seen the low dye load photo magenta and photo cyan or the red and
>green inks for the 8 color printers. Since I don't use the BCI-3ebk pigment
>black cart in my i960 printer I didn't look for it at Costco, but I don't
>recall seeing that there either.

You are not giving proper information. Costco sells the BCI-3e BK in a
4 pack. They also sell Lt Photo Magenta and Lt Photo Cyan. Just look
at www.costco.com

>It looks like you either go with OEM at a
>small discount at a local vendor or try a recommended aftermarket product.

Never try aftermarket because they will not tell you what they are
selling you. www.costco.com will list all of the Canon OEM products.

>"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
>

>>Thanks,
>>Right now, Office Depot is cheaper than Staples in store. But both are
>>more
>>than I want to spend.
>>

>>"Bernie" <bernie@notreally.com> wrote in message

>>tanks,

>>hoping

>>seems

>>>Staples is the cheapest place that I've found them. If you buy at least
>>>two cartridges they take off another dollar or more. You don't have to
>>>buy two of the same color to get the discount. Additionally, if you
>>>have a Discover card you can use the CashBack bonus and instead of
>>>getting $20 cash you can get a Staples certificate for $25. Two
>>>cartridges will probably cost less than $25, so you'll have to buy some
>>>candy or something to spend it all. Or buy a third cartridge at the
>>>lower price by adding a bit of cash when you check out.
>>>
>>>Bernie

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 11:34:33 PM

Dan G wrote:

>Hi, thanks.
>I've been using www.inkjetsaver.com for years and have had no complaints. I
>refill my IP3000 (S750 before that) for office use.
>I want to start printing more photos in my IP4000, and am considering
>sticking with Canon inks for that, as I see really severe fading on Canon
>paper with these inks. Office Depot Pro paper fades a lot less, but still
>it's a serious problem.
>
>So anyway, I wanted to lay in some OEM tanks for testing against compatibles
>in the IP4000. I may well wind up using compatibles, but not until I satisfy
>myself that the fading issue is no worse with them.

I HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED ANY FADING USING CANON OEM BRANDED INK WITH
COSTCO/KIRKLAND PHOTO GLOSSY PAPER. I THINK THAT IT IS MADE BY ILFORD
IN SWITZERLAND.

>The beauty of Canon is that you can easily afford to do these side-by-side
>tests without taking a second mortgage.
>
>I really hoped to avoid the usual compatibles inks trolls, ah well that's
>what the kill file is for. ;-)

YEAH FOR FRANKIE CRANKIE, BURTIE FURTIE AND PECKERBLOOMER.

>"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>

>>Dan - Just out of curiosity I googled OEM Canon ink carts and also looked
>>

>at
>

>>sites of half a dozen ink vendors. As you've found out, no one deeply
>>discounts these items. This is what drives some people, myself included,

>>to seek out the safest and best color match aftermarket inks we can find.
>>Measekite's rant aside, there are some very good ones out there. The
>>

>Costco
>

>>deal Measekite always suggests is probably as good as you can get,
>>

>although
>

>>I haven't seen the low dye load photo magenta and photo cyan or the red
>>

>and
>

>>green inks for the 8 color printers. Since I don't use the BCI-3ebk
>>

>pigment
>

>>black cart in my i960 printer I didn't look for it at Costco, but I don't
>>recall seeing that there either. It looks like you either go with OEM at

>>small discount at a local vendor or try a recommended aftermarket product.
>>

>>"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
>>

>>>Thanks,
>>>Right now, Office Depot is cheaper than Staples in store. But both are
>>>more
>>>than I want to spend.
>>>

>>>"Bernie" <bernie@notreally.com> wrote in message

>>>tanks,

>>>hoping

>>>seems

>least

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 11:35:19 PM

Burt wrote:

>"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
>

>>Hi, thanks.
>>I've been using www.inkjetsaver.com for years and have had no complaints.
>>refill my IP3000 (S750 before that) for office use.
>>I want to start printing more photos in my IP4000, and am considering
>>sticking with Canon inks for that, as I see really severe fading on Canon
>>paper with these inks. Office Depot Pro paper fades a lot less, but still
>>it's a serious problem.
>>
>>So anyway, I wanted to lay in some OEM tanks for testing against
>>compatibles
>>in the IP4000. I may well wind up using compatibles, but not until I
>>satisfy
>>myself that the fading issue is no worse with them.
>>
>>The beauty of Canon is that you can easily afford to do these side-by-side
>>tests without taking a second mortgage.
>>
>>I really hoped to avoid the usual compatibles inks trolls, ah well that's
>>what the kill file is for. ;-)
>>

>(SNIP)
>Dan - I've had great results with MIS for refilling and others have used
>Formulabs bulk or hobbicolor bulk with their empty carts. Email me if you
>want more info.(to avoid more troll activity)

HEY PUTZ - HE IS CALLING YOU AN AFTERMARKET TROLL

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 12:16:24 AM

Dan,
With Canon printers fading has more to do with the paper than ink. There are
two types of paper in common usage.

The first is swellable polymer (SP) which has a coating that encapsulates
the ink and helps to control fading and out gassing. The drawback to this
kind of paper is that it has no moisture resistance, dries slowly if at all
and ink tends to pool on the surface causing a mottled effect if the wrong
paper setting is used. Kodak Ultima is an example of this type of paper.
However it is possible to get a fine looking print with this paper if the
correct settings are used.

The other type is microporous, also known as instant dry. The advantages to
MP are instant drying, moisture resistance (even under running water) and
different paper settings don't cause the problems that happen with SP
papers. Disadvantages are that it is reported to fade more rapidly than does
SP paper. The older Office Depot Premium High Gloss, Red River Ultra Pro,
Konica and others are examples of this paper.

I have a wide selection of both types of papers in different brands. Because
of the moisture resistance and instant drying I prefer microporous papers
over SP types. Despite the reported problems with MP papers and fading,
that isn't a problem I've experienced. I also use Formulabs ink from
alotofthings.com for my refills and have done so for over three years
without any problems whatsoever as is the case with nearly all refillers. I
also have an iP4000 and when I installed the printer the first thing I
printed was a set of reference prints using the OEM Canon inks that came
with the printer, then after purging the print head of any residual Canon
ink I reprinted the same set of prints using older cartridges from one of my
other Canon printers had which had been refilled with Formulabs ink. I
repeated this process again but with newer cartridges which were also
refilled with Formulabs ink. This ink was purchased almost two years after
the first set of inks. Finally the process was again repeated with ArrowJet
cartridges from alotofthings.com. This was prior to ArrowJet (now Skyhorse)
switching to OCP inks from Formulabs. The bottom line is that with the four
sets of prints (one with Canon oem ink and the other three with Formulabs
ink, but from three distinctly different batches), all four had identical
color output. The only way to determine which print was made with a
particular ink was by the notations that I had written on the reverse side
of the paper. There was absolutely no difference in color output. The paper
used for the prints was Office Depot Premium High Gloss Photo Paper. All
four sets of prints still look as good as the day they were printed. I can't
detect any fading.
--
Ron

"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
> Hi, thanks.
> I've been using www.inkjetsaver.com for years and have had no complaints.
> refill my IP3000 (S750 before that) for office use.
> I want to start printing more photos in my IP4000, and am considering
> sticking with Canon inks for that, as I see really severe fading on Canon
> paper with these inks. Office Depot Pro paper fades a lot less, but still
> it's a serious problem.
>
> So anyway, I wanted to lay in some OEM tanks for testing against
> compatibles
> in the IP4000. I may well wind up using compatibles, but not until I
> satisfy
> myself that the fading issue is no worse with them.
>
> The beauty of Canon is that you can easily afford to do these side-by-side
> tests without taking a second mortgage.
>
> I really hoped to avoid the usual compatibles inks trolls, ah well that's
> what the kill file is for. ;-)

<snipped>
July 28, 2005 12:16:25 AM

Ron Cohen wrote:
> Dan,
> With Canon printers fading has more to do with the paper than ink. There are
> two types of paper in common usage.
>
> The first is swellable polymer (SP) which has a coating that encapsulates
> the ink and helps to control fading and out gassing. The drawback to this
> kind of paper is that it has no moisture resistance, dries slowly if at all
> and ink tends to pool on the surface causing a mottled effect if the wrong
> paper setting is used. Kodak Ultima is an example of this type of paper.
> However it is possible to get a fine looking print with this paper if the
> correct settings are used.
>
> The other type is microporous, also known as instant dry. The advantages to
> MP are instant drying, moisture resistance (even under running water) and
> different paper settings don't cause the problems that happen with SP
> papers. Disadvantages are that it is reported to fade more rapidly than does
> SP paper. The older Office Depot Premium High Gloss, Red River Ultra Pro,
> Konica and others are examples of this paper.
>
> I have a wide selection of both types of papers in different brands. Because
> of the moisture resistance and instant drying I prefer microporous papers
> over SP types. Despite the reported problems with MP papers and fading,
> that isn't a problem I've experienced. I also use Formulabs ink from
> alotofthings.com for my refills and have done so for over three years
> without any problems whatsoever as is the case with nearly all refillers. I
> also have an iP4000 and when I installed the printer the first thing I
> printed was a set of reference prints using the OEM Canon inks that came
> with the printer, then after purging the print head of any residual Canon
> ink I reprinted the same set of prints using older cartridges from one of my
> other Canon printers had which had been refilled with Formulabs ink. I
> repeated this process again but with newer cartridges which were also
> refilled with Formulabs ink. This ink was purchased almost two years after
> the first set of inks. Finally the process was again repeated with ArrowJet
> cartridges from alotofthings.com. This was prior to ArrowJet (now Skyhorse)
> switching to OCP inks from Formulabs. The bottom line is that with the four
> sets of prints (one with Canon oem ink and the other three with Formulabs
> ink, but from three distinctly different batches), all four had identical
> color output. The only way to determine which print was made with a
> particular ink was by the notations that I had written on the reverse side
> of the paper. There was absolutely no difference in color output. The paper
> used for the prints was Office Depot Premium High Gloss Photo Paper. All
> four sets of prints still look as good as the day they were printed. I can't
> detect any fading.

Excellent information! Thanks for posting it.
Frank
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 12:16:25 AM

Hey, thanks for the input. The Canon Photo Plus Gloss I have faded
dramatically in about 3 weeks hanging on the wall with no direct light, and
moderate indirect light. The O.D. Pro Gloss takes 2-3 times as long to fade
in the same conditions. I live at ~5000ft with humidity running around 50%
during the test.
I guess I need to try out some Formulabs ink.
BTW, I also see a lot of greasy residue in the black areas of both papers
that takes a day or 2 to dry. But it always looks greasy even when dry. I
use the Canon Photo Plus Gloss print setting on both papers.
I'll see if I can find out who makes the bulk ink from InkJetSaver.

"Ron Cohen" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message
> [...]
complaints.
> > refill my IP3000 (S750 before that) for office use.
> > I want to start printing more photos in my IP4000, and am considering
> > sticking with Canon inks for that, as I see really severe fading on
Canon
> > paper with these inks. Office Depot Pro paper fades a lot less, but
still
> > it's a serious problem.
> >
> > So anyway, I wanted to lay in some OEM tanks for testing against
> > compatibles
> > in the IP4000. I may well wind up using compatibles, but not until I
> > satisfy
> > myself that the fading issue is no worse with them.
> >
> > The beauty of Canon is that you can easily afford to do these
side-by-side
> > tests without taking a second mortgage.
> >
> > I really hoped to avoid the usual compatibles inks trolls, ah well

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 12:16:26 AM

I just got this response from InkJetSaver, which didn't really tell me a
lot:

Quote:

Our Canon inks are made by Repeat-o-Type. The G & G carts, I really don't
know. Most of our compatible cartridges are Premium brand, and those inks
are from Formulabs. We use G & G and Arrow carts occasionally, as back-up.
We always need to have additional vendors available in the event that one is
out of stock on a particular item. .
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 1:42:48 AM

http://www.repeatotype.com/ This ink is also sold by www.atlascopy.com I've
used it for the BCI-3 tanks I had on an old BJC-3000 and it worked fine. I
switched over to alotofthings.com because of the cost difference. Bulk
Formulabs ink from alotofthings.com was much less expensive.

http://www.globalsources.com/am/article_id/900000005592...
This link will get you into the web sites for the Chinese factories making
ink tanks. A few of them state that they use Formulabs ink. Some also use
OCP from Germany.

http://www.globalsources.com/si/6008802651805/ggink.co This is the link to
Ninestar, the maker of G & G.
http://www.globalsources.com/si/6008802651805/ggink.co Another link to
Ninestar.

I enjoy viewing these sites mainly out of curiosity. I'll never get a chance
to visit China, but some of these sites show a different picture of life
than what is seen on TV.
--
Ron

>I just got this response from InkJetSaver, which didn't really tell me a
> lot:

Quote:

> Our Canon inks are made by Repeat-o-Type. The G & G carts, I really don't
> know. Most of our compatible cartridges are Premium brand, and those inks
> are from Formulabs. We use G & G and Arrow carts occasionally, as
> back-up.
> We always need to have additional vendors available in the event that one
> is
> out of stock on a particular item. .

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 2:00:47 AM

Ron Cohen wrote:

>Dan,
>With Canon printers fading has more to do with the paper than ink. There are
>two types of paper in common usage.
>
>The first is swellable polymer (SP) which has a coating that encapsulates
>the ink and helps to control fading and out gassing. The drawback to this
>kind of paper is that it has no moisture resistance, dries slowly if at all
>and ink tends to pool on the surface causing a mottled effect if the wrong
>paper setting is used. Kodak Ultima is an example of this type of paper.
>However it is possible to get a fine looking print with this paper if the
>correct settings are used.
>
>The other type is microporous, also known as instant dry. The advantages to
>MP are instant drying, moisture resistance (even under running water) and
>different paper settings don't cause the problems that happen with SP
>papers. Disadvantages are that it is reported to fade more rapidly than does
>SP paper. The older Office Depot Premium High Gloss, Red River Ultra Pro,
>Konica and others are examples of this paper.
>
>I have a wide selection of both types of papers in different brands. Because
>of the moisture resistance and instant drying I prefer microporous papers
>over SP types. Despite the reported problems with MP papers and fading,
>that isn't a problem I've experienced.

Interesting
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 2:03:51 AM

I FIND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND. I HAVE A BUNCH OF
PHOTOS PRINTED USING A CANON IP4000 WITH OEM INK ON COSTCO/KIRKLAND
PAPER SITTING OUT ON A DESK FOR 8 MONTHS WITH NOT FADING THAT I CAN SEE.

I ALSO HUNG A PORTRAIT (FRAMED BEHIND GLASS) IN A WELL LIGHT KITCHEN FOR
ABOUT 4 MONTHS AND I SEE KNOW FADING. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS
CAUSING YOUR PRINTS TO FADE.

Dan G wrote:

> [...]
>>>

>complaints.

>>>refill my IP3000 (S750 before that) for office use.
>>>I want to start printing more photos in my IP4000, and am considering
>>>sticking with Canon inks for that, as I see really severe fading on
>>>

>Canon
>

>>>paper with these inks. Office Depot Pro paper fades a lot less, but
>>>

>still
>

>>>it's a serious problem.
>>>
>>>So anyway, I wanted to lay in some OEM tanks for testing against
>>>compatibles
>>>in the IP4000. I may well wind up using compatibles, but not until I
>>>satisfy
>>>myself that the fading issue is no worse with them.
>>>
>>>The beauty of Canon is that you can easily afford to do these
>>>

>side-by-side
>

>>>tests without taking a second mortgage.
>>>
>>>I really hoped to avoid the usual compatibles inks trolls, ah well

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 2:07:07 AM

Ron Cohen wrote:

>Dan,
>With Canon printers fading has more to do with the paper than ink. There are
>two types of paper in common usage.
>
>The first is swellable polymer (SP) which has a coating that encapsulates
>the ink and helps to control fading and out gassing. The drawback to this
>kind of paper is that it has no moisture resistance, dries slowly if at all
>and ink tends to pool on the surface causing a mottled effect if the wrong
>paper setting is used. Kodak Ultima is an example of this type of paper.
>However it is possible to get a fine looking print with this paper if the
>correct settings are used.
>
>The other type is microporous, also known as instant dry. The advantages to
>MP are instant drying, moisture resistance (even under running water) and
>different paper settings don't cause the problems that happen with SP
>papers. Disadvantages are that it is reported to fade more rapidly than does
>SP paper. The older Office Depot Premium High Gloss, Red River Ultra Pro,
>Konica and others are examples of this paper.
>
>I have a wide selection of both types of papers in different brands. Because
>of the moisture resistance and instant drying I prefer microporous papers
>over SP types. Despite the reported problems with MP papers and fading,
>that isn't a problem I've experienced. I also use Formulabs ink from
>alotofthings.com for my refills and have done so for over three years
>without any problems whatsoever as is the case with nearly all refillers. I
>also have an iP4000 and when I installed the printer the first thing I
>printed was a set of reference prints using the OEM Canon inks that came
>with the printer, then after purging the print head of any residual Canon
>ink I reprinted the same set of prints using older cartridges from one of my
>other Canon printers had which had been refilled with Formulabs ink. I
>repeated this process again but with newer cartridges which were also
>refilled with Formulabs ink. This ink was purchased almost two years after
>the first set of inks. Finally the process was again repeated with ArrowJet
>cartridges from alotofthings.com. This was prior to ArrowJet (now Skyhorse)
>switching to OCP inks from Formulabs. The bottom line is that with the four
>sets of prints (one with Canon oem ink and the other three with Formulabs
>ink, but from three distinctly different batches), all four had identical
>color output. The only way to determine which print was made with a
>particular ink was by the notations that I had written on the reverse side
>of the paper. There was absolutely no difference in color output. The paper
>used for the prints was Office Depot Premium High Gloss Photo Paper. All
>four sets of prints still look as good as the day they were printed. I can't
>detect any fading.

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 2:09:33 AM

I LOOK AT THIS SIGHT. THEY GO UNDER MULTIPLE NAMES, DO NOT DISCLOSE
ANYTHING OF VALUE. SOUNDS LIKE A TYPICAL WHORE SENERIO TO ME.

!