Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best online source for Canon inks in the USA? - Page 3

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 3:58:41 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Dan G wrote:

>I just loaded up a fresh set of Canon tanks, cleared out all the old ink and
>printed 2 more test photos. The first, and obvious difference with the ink
>is that there is no more greasy black residue on the paper in the black
>areas. So that at least means no more inks from InkJetSaver will be used for
>photos here.
>

SOUNDS GREAT

>The bulk BCI6-Blk they're selling is clearly inferior.
>

LIKE ALL AFTERMARKET NO NAME GENERIC UNBRANDED WHO KNOWS WHAT INK.

>Colors
>are no different in hue as far as I can see. Test pages with 3 color bars
>were also no different between the 2 inks.
>I'll post back in a week or 2 when I know about fading. Will also be
>testing a set of 5 carts with Formulabs ink in a week or 2.
>
>
>"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
>news:AMOdnRLqFK_VZHrfRVn-oQ@comcast.com...
>
>
>>I just got this response from InkJetSaver, which didn't really tell me a
>>lot:
>>
>>
Quote:

>>Our Canon inks are made by Repeat-o-Type. The G & G carts, I really don't
>>know. Most of our compatible cartridges are Premium brand, and those inks
>>are from Formulabs. We use G & G and Arrow carts occasionally, as
>>
>>
>back-up.
>
>
>>We always need to have additional vendors available in the event that one
>>
>>
>is
>
>
>>out of stock on a particular item. .
>>

>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 1:28:11 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I thought of that too, but other tests indicate that at least I did not mix
them, as the 2 blacks behave very differently on several different papers I
have. I have a glossy business paper that only accepts the BCI6 ink, BCI3
just lays there on the paper and does not absorb. Which is as the paper
maker predicted it would. I ran new tests with the Canon ink and it
performed the same on that paper.


"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1122611747.679082.59330@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > The bulk BCI6-Blk they're selling is clearly inferior
>
> Or more likely they or you mixed up the bci6 with the bci3e inks. It's
> been known to happen even on the best of days.
>
July 29, 2005 5:28:12 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

> I ALSO HUNG A PORTRAIT (FRAMED BEHIND GLASS) IN A WELL LIGHT
> KITCHEN FOR
> ABOUT 4 MONTHS AND I SEE KNOW FADING. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND
> WHAT IS
> CAUSING YOUR PRINTS TO FADE.

Sunlight... bci-6 inks are not very light fast at all. To be fair I
setup a western window test.. direct sunlight no uv coating to see if
the results were any better on Canon paper. I have to say so far since
30jun2005 I've not noticed any *yet*. For contrast I also have the hp
psc 950 next to it also on canon paper.

But the Kirkland paper... or Epson paper... forget about it. Totally
washed out after a month... just south of the 49th no less.
Related resources
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 6:43:32 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

ALMOST ALL AFTERMARKET INKS ARE INFERIOR AND THE ONES THAT MAY SHOW
PROMISE ARE HIDDEN SO YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY ARE OR WHO IS SELLING THEM.

zakezuke wrote:

>>The bulk BCI6-Blk they're selling is clearly inferior
>>
>>
>
>Or more likely they or you mixed up the bci6 with the bci3e inks. It's
>been known to happen even on the best of days.
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 6:43:33 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in
news:o grGe.2384$kk6.1615@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

> ALMOST ALL AFTERMARKET INKS ARE INFERIOR AND THE ONES THAT MAY SHOW
> PROMISE ARE HIDDEN SO YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY ARE OR WHO IS SELLING
> THEM.
>




instead of wasting internet space, maybe if you'd get off your fat ass
(i can see you) and try some aftermarket ink instead of posting the same
message for 7 months then maybe the rest of us would find which are the
good inks to use. you have a cheap Lexmark anyway, so what's the loss.
We have real printers. Nem Esis
July 29, 2005 8:12:21 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Nem Esis" <Nemesis@YourID.net> wrote in message
news:hZGdnXYuZPXa2HffRVn-jQ@giganews.com...
> measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in
> news:o grGe.2384$kk6.1615@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:
>
>> ALMOST ALL AFTERMARKET INKS ARE INFERIOR AND THE ONES THAT MAY SHOW
>> PROMISE ARE HIDDEN SO YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY ARE OR WHO IS SELLING
>> THEM.
>>
>
>
>
>
> instead of wasting internet space, maybe if you'd get off your fat ass
> (i can see you) and try some aftermarket ink instead of posting the same
> message for 7 months then maybe the rest of us would find which are the
> good inks to use. you have a cheap Lexmark anyway, so what's the loss.
> We have real printers. Nem Esis

Check out the following sites for more info on refilling, third party inks,
etc. Mostly for Canon


http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 8:31:27 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Nem Esis wrote:

>measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in
>news:o grGe.2384$kk6.1615@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:
>
>
>
>>ALMOST ALL AFTERMARKET INKS ARE INFERIOR AND THE ONES THAT MAY SHOW
>>PROMISE ARE HIDDEN SO YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY ARE OR WHO IS SELLING
>>THEM.
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>instead of wasting internet space, maybe if you'd get off your fat ass
>(i can see you) and try some aftermarket ink instead of posting the same
>message for 7 months then maybe the rest of us would find which are the
>good inks to use. you have a cheap Lexmark anyway, so what's the loss.
>We have real printers. Nem Esis
>
>

YOUR POST TELL ME HOW STUPID YOU ARE. I DO NOT HAVE A LEXMARK TRASH.
IF THE WHORE WHO SELL AFTERMARKET CARTS AND INK DISCLOSE PROPER
INFORMATION I MAY OR MAYNOT HAVE TRIED THEM BUT I WOULD AT LEAST BE
MORE OPEN AND IT WOULD BE EASIER FOR EVERYONE TO DETERMINE WHAT IS GOOD
AND BAD.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 8:33:09 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Burt wrote:

>"Nem Esis" <Nemesis@YourID.net> wrote in message
>news:hZGdnXYuZPXa2HffRVn-jQ@giganews.com...
>
>
>>measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in
>>news:o grGe.2384$kk6.1615@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:
>>
>>
>>
>>>ALMOST ALL AFTERMARKET INKS ARE INFERIOR AND THE ONES THAT MAY SHOW
>>>PROMISE ARE HIDDEN SO YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY ARE OR WHO IS SELLING
>>>THEM.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>instead of wasting internet space, maybe if you'd get off your fat ass
>>(i can see you) and try some aftermarket ink instead of posting the same
>>message for 7 months then maybe the rest of us would find which are the
>>good inks to use. you have a cheap Lexmark anyway, so what's the loss.
>>We have real printers. Nem Esis
>>
>>
>
>Check out the following sites for more info on refilling, third party inks,
>etc. Mostly for Canon
>
>
>http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/
>
>http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html
>
>

MORE CHURCH RHETORIC. SOS FROM DA SOF

>
>
>
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 3:31:38 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

zakezuke wrote:

>>I ALSO HUNG A PORTRAIT (FRAMED BEHIND GLASS) IN A WELL LIGHT
>>KITCHEN FOR
>>ABOUT 4 MONTHS AND I SEE KNOW FADING. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND
>>WHAT IS
>>CAUSING YOUR PRINTS TO FADE.
>>
>>
>
>Sunlight... bci-6 inks are not very light fast at all. To be fair I
>setup a western window test.. direct sunlight no uv coating to see if
>the results were any better on Canon paper. I have to say so far since
>30jun2005 I've not noticed any *yet*. For contrast I also have the hp
>psc 950 next to it also on canon paper.
>
>But the Kirkland paper... or Epson paper... forget about it. Totally
>washed out after a month... just south of the 49th no less.
>
>

I guess I do not have that problem. Canon ink and Kirkland paper work
for me.
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 5:07:59 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I filled a set of empty tanks with the Formulab ink from Alotofthings.com
and purged the heads with several test pages.

Printed a set of duplicate photos on both O.D. and Canon paper and the
results look good, however the Formulab ink gives me a decidedly pink hue to
the color. The Canon ink produces a much closer color to what I see
on-screen.


"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
news:D ZidnRCUJc-m0XTfRVn-gw@comcast.com...
> I just loaded up a fresh set of Canon tanks, cleared out all the old ink
and
> printed 2 more test photos. The first, and obvious difference with the ink
> is that there is no more greasy black residue on the paper in the black
> areas. So that at least means no more inks from InkJetSaver will be used
for
> photos here. The bulk BCI6-Blk they're selling is clearly inferior. Colors
> are no different in hue as far as I can see. Test pages with 3 color bars
> were also no different between the 2 inks.
> I'll post back in a week or 2 when I know about fading. Will also be
> testing a set of 5 carts with Formulabs ink in a week or 2.
>
>
> "Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
> news:AMOdnRLqFK_VZHrfRVn-oQ@comcast.com...
> > I just got this response from InkJetSaver, which didn't really tell me a
> > lot:
> >
> >
Quote:

> > Our Canon inks are made by Repeat-o-Type. The G & G carts, I really
don't
> > know. Most of our compatible cartridges are Premium brand, and those
inks
> > are from Formulabs. We use G & G and Arrow carts occasionally, as
> back-up.
> > We always need to have additional vendors available in the event that
one
> is
> > out of stock on a particular item. .
> >

> >
> >
>
>
!