Best online source for Canon inks in the USA? - page 3

    Dan G wrote:

    >I just loaded up a fresh set of Canon tanks, cleared out all the old ink and
    >printed 2 more test photos. The first, and obvious difference with the ink
    >is that there is no more greasy black residue on the paper in the black
    >areas. So that at least means no more inks from InkJetSaver will be used for
    >photos here.

    SOUNDS GREAT

    >The bulk BCI6-Blk they're selling is clearly inferior.

    LIKE ALL AFTERMARKET NO NAME GENERIC UNBRANDED WHO KNOWS WHAT INK.

    >Colors
    >are no different in hue as far as I can see. Test pages with 3 color bars
    >were also no different between the 2 inks.
    >I'll post back in a week or 2 when I know about fading. Will also be
    >testing a set of 5 carts with Formulabs ink in a week or 2.
    >

    >"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>I just got this response from InkJetSaver, which didn't really tell me a
    >>lot:

    Quote:

    >>Our Canon inks are made by Repeat-o-Type. The G & G carts, I really don't
    >>know. Most of our compatible cartridges are Premium brand, and those inks
    >>are from Formulabs. We use G & G and Arrow carts occasionally, as
    >>

    >back-up.
    >

    >>We always need to have additional vendors available in the event that one
    >>

    >is
    >

    >>out of stock on a particular item. .

    I thought of that too, but other tests indicate that at least I did not mix
    them, as the 2 blacks behave very differently on several different papers I
    have. I have a glossy business paper that only accepts the BCI6 ink, BCI3
    just lays there on the paper and does not absorb. Which is as the paper
    maker predicted it would. I ran new tests with the Canon ink and it
    performed the same on that paper.

    "zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > The bulk BCI6-Blk they're selling is clearly inferior
    >
    > Or more likely they or you mixed up the bci6 with the bci3e inks. It's
    > been known to happen even on the best of days.

    > I ALSO HUNG A PORTRAIT (FRAMED BEHIND GLASS) IN A WELL LIGHT
    > KITCHEN FOR
    > ABOUT 4 MONTHS AND I SEE KNOW FADING. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND
    > WHAT IS
    > CAUSING YOUR PRINTS TO FADE.

    Sunlight... bci-6 inks are not very light fast at all. To be fair I
    setup a western window test.. direct sunlight no uv coating to see if
    the results were any better on Canon paper. I have to say so far since
    30jun2005 I've not noticed any *yet*. For contrast I also have the hp
    psc 950 next to it also on canon paper.

    But the Kirkland paper... or Epson paper... forget about it. Totally
    washed out after a month... just south of the 49th no less.

    ALMOST ALL AFTERMARKET INKS ARE INFERIOR AND THE ONES THAT MAY SHOW
    PROMISE ARE HIDDEN SO YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY ARE OR WHO IS SELLING THEM.

    measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in

    > ALMOST ALL AFTERMARKET INKS ARE INFERIOR AND THE ONES THAT MAY SHOW
    > PROMISE ARE HIDDEN SO YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY ARE OR WHO IS SELLING
    > THEM.

    instead of wasting internet space, maybe if you'd get off your fat ass
    (i can see you) and try some aftermarket ink instead of posting the same
    message for 7 months then maybe the rest of us would find which are the
    good inks to use. you have a cheap Lexmark anyway, so what's the loss.
    We have real printers. Nem Esis

    "Nem Esis" <Nemesis@YourID.net> wrote in message
    > measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in
    >
    >> ALMOST ALL AFTERMARKET INKS ARE INFERIOR AND THE ONES THAT MAY SHOW
    >> PROMISE ARE HIDDEN SO YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY ARE OR WHO IS SELLING
    >> THEM.
    >>

    > instead of wasting internet space, maybe if you'd get off your fat ass
    > (i can see you) and try some aftermarket ink instead of posting the same
    > message for 7 months then maybe the rest of us would find which are the
    > good inks to use. you have a cheap Lexmark anyway, so what's the loss.
    > We have real printers. Nem Esis

    Check out the following sites for more info on refilling, third party inks,
    etc. Mostly for Canon

    http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

    http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

    Nem Esis wrote:

    >measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in
    >

    >>ALMOST ALL AFTERMARKET INKS ARE INFERIOR AND THE ONES THAT MAY SHOW
    >>PROMISE ARE HIDDEN SO YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY ARE OR WHO IS SELLING
    >>THEM.
    >>

    >instead of wasting internet space, maybe if you'd get off your fat ass
    >(i can see you) and try some aftermarket ink instead of posting the same
    >message for 7 months then maybe the rest of us would find which are the
    >good inks to use. you have a cheap Lexmark anyway, so what's the loss.
    >We have real printers. Nem Esis

    YOUR POST TELL ME HOW STUPID YOU ARE. I DO NOT HAVE A LEXMARK TRASH.
    IF THE WHORE WHO SELL AFTERMARKET CARTS AND INK DISCLOSE PROPER
    INFORMATION I MAY OR MAYNOT HAVE TRIED THEM BUT I WOULD AT LEAST BE
    MORE OPEN AND IT WOULD BE EASIER FOR EVERYONE TO DETERMINE WHAT IS GOOD
    AND BAD.

    Burt wrote:

    >"Nem Esis" <Nemesis@YourID.net> wrote in message
    >

    >>measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in
    >>

    >>>ALMOST ALL AFTERMARKET INKS ARE INFERIOR AND THE ONES THAT MAY SHOW
    >>>PROMISE ARE HIDDEN SO YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY ARE OR WHO IS SELLING
    >>>THEM.
    >>>

    >>instead of wasting internet space, maybe if you'd get off your fat ass
    >>(i can see you) and try some aftermarket ink instead of posting the same
    >>message for 7 months then maybe the rest of us would find which are the
    >>good inks to use. you have a cheap Lexmark anyway, so what's the loss.
    >>We have real printers. Nem Esis
    >>

    >Check out the following sites for more info on refilling, third party inks,
    >etc. Mostly for Canon
    >

    >http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/
    >
    >http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

    MORE CHURCH RHETORIC. SOS FROM DA SOF

    zakezuke wrote:

    >>I ALSO HUNG A PORTRAIT (FRAMED BEHIND GLASS) IN A WELL LIGHT
    >>KITCHEN FOR
    >>ABOUT 4 MONTHS AND I SEE KNOW FADING. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND
    >>WHAT IS
    >>CAUSING YOUR PRINTS TO FADE.
    >>

    >Sunlight... bci-6 inks are not very light fast at all. To be fair I
    >setup a western window test.. direct sunlight no uv coating to see if
    >the results were any better on Canon paper. I have to say so far since
    >30jun2005 I've not noticed any *yet*. For contrast I also have the hp
    >psc 950 next to it also on canon paper.
    >
    >But the Kirkland paper... or Epson paper... forget about it. Totally
    >washed out after a month... just south of the 49th no less.

    I guess I do not have that problem. Canon ink and Kirkland paper work
    for me.

    I filled a set of empty tanks with the Formulab ink from Alotofthings.com
    and purged the heads with several test pages.

    Printed a set of duplicate photos on both O.D. and Canon paper and the
    results look good, however the Formulab ink gives me a decidedly pink hue to
    the color. The Canon ink produces a much closer color to what I see
    on-screen.

    > I just loaded up a fresh set of Canon tanks, cleared out all the old ink
    and
    > printed 2 more test photos. The first, and obvious difference with the ink
    > is that there is no more greasy black residue on the paper in the black
    > areas. So that at least means no more inks from InkJetSaver will be used
    for
    > photos here. The bulk BCI6-Blk they're selling is clearly inferior. Colors
    > are no different in hue as far as I can see. Test pages with 3 color bars
    > were also no different between the 2 inks.
    > I'll post back in a week or 2 when I know about fading. Will also be
    > testing a set of 5 carts with Formulabs ink in a week or 2.
    >

    > "Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
    > > I just got this response from InkJetSaver, which didn't really tell me a
    > > lot:

    Quote:

    > > Our Canon inks are made by Repeat-o-Type. The G & G carts, I really
    don't
    > > know. Most of our compatible cartridges are Premium brand, and those
    inks
    > > are from Formulabs. We use G & G and Arrow carts occasionally, as
    > back-up.
    > > We always need to have additional vendors available in the event that
    one
    > is
    > > out of stock on a particular item. .

Printers Canon OEM Peripherals