Forget the password for D-Link DI-614+ router

Hi,

I'm using D-Link DI-614+ router. I forget the password for. Is there
any way to recover it?

Thanks,
Peng

In article <9bddq05lmesnao27j42r8uc4t2r1agr0ae@4ax.com>,
Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> wrote:
:I'm using D-Link DI-614+ router. I forget the password for. Is there
:any way to recover it?

You can do a hard reset:

Step 2 Take a paperclip and perform a hard reset. With unit on, use
a paperclip and hold down the reset button on the back of the unit
for 10 seconds. Release it and the router will recycle, the lights
will blink, and then stabilize.

Step 3 After the router stabilizes, open your browser and enter
192.168.0.1 into the address window and hit the Enter key. When the
password dialog box appears, enter the username admin and leave the
password blank. Click OK.
--
Aleph sub {Aleph sub null} little, Aleph sub {Aleph sub one} little,
Aleph sub {Aleph sub two} little infinities...

What is step 1? If I reset it improperly, will there be any damage to
the router?

Peng

On 26 Nov 2004 06:12:21 GMT, roberson@ibd.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca (Walter
Roberson) wrote:

>In article <9bddq05lmesnao27j42r8uc4t2r1agr0ae@4ax.com>,
>Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> wrote:
>:I'm using D-Link DI-614+ router. I forget the password for. Is there
>:any way to recover it?
>
>You can do a hard reset:
>

> Step 2 Take a paperclip and perform a hard reset. With unit on, use
> a paperclip and hold down the reset button on the back of the unit
> for 10 seconds. Release it and the router will recycle, the lights
> will blink, and then stabilize.
>
> Step 3 After the router stabilizes, open your browser and enter
> 192.168.0.1 into the address window and hit the Enter key. When the
> password dialog box appears, enter the username admin and leave the
> password blank. Click OK.

In article <ejmeq05d43iokpep71b0lnjju304s9aa04@4ax.com>,
Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> top-posted:
:What is step 1?

That was an extract about getting PPPoE running, so step 1 was
to disable any PPPoE software running on your computer.

:If I reset it improperly, will there be any damage to
:the router?

The usual warnings apply -- do not just pull out the power cord
on a system that has an off switch, unless the manufacturer says
it is okay. Do not pull the plug out by the cord, pull at the plug.
And so on -- just the usual way you should treat any electrical device.

The hard reset itself does not take very long, and if something did
happen to go wrong with it, you could always do it again. It is not
something you should do over and over again, though: the flash proms
on most devices are often only good for 1000 or so reprogrammings.
--
So you found your solution
What will be your last contribution?