An error occurred while reconnecting q: to \

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I recently installed windows 2003 Server ENT running as a File Server.

It has a 1.8 TB file system as the main shared folder.

35 Users are simultaneously connected - Using Windows 2k Workstations - SP4
all of them.

The server so far performs perfectly, no errors on the event log, etc, ( A
happy admin)

With the exception of about 10 users that are getting this network error

An error occurred while reconnecting <Driveletter>: to
\\<Computername>\<Share>

I found a couple of sites with solutions, but none of them work.

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBC/tip1000/rh1088.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303339

I'll appreciate some one with a real solution.

Thank you,

Eric.

Feel free to contact me toll free 1 877-580-4680

"Eric" <Eric_N0_S_A_M@Pezoa.com> wrote in message
> I recently installed windows 2003 Server ENT running as a File Server.
>
> It has a 1.8 TB file system as the main shared folder.
>

> 35 Users are simultaneously connected - Using Windows 2k Workstations -
SP4
> all of them.
>
> The server so far performs perfectly, no errors on the event log, etc,
( A
> happy admin)
>
> With the exception of about 10 users that are getting this network error
>
> An error occurred while reconnecting <Driveletter>: to
> \\<Computername>\<Share>
>
> I found a couple of sites with solutions, but none of them work.
>

> http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBC/tip1000/rh1088.htm
>

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303339

Just a thought, but have you imposed (either on purpose or by default) a
limit on the number of people that can simultaneously connect to the share?
I assume you have enough CALs that the problem wouldn't be in licensing.

> I'll appreciate some one with a real solution.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Eric.
>
> Feel free to contact me toll free 1 877-580-4680

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I currently have 50 cals but the share is set to unlimited.

> Just a thought, but have you imposed (either on purpose or by default) a
> limit on the number of people that can simultaneously connect to the
share?
> I assume you have enough CALs that the problem wouldn't be in licensing.
>

> > I'll appreciate some one with a real solution.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Eric.
> >
> > Feel free to contact me toll free 1 877-580-4680

bill

We have a similar problem. Using Windows 2003 SBS, but it only happens on our Windows XP Pro systems and not on Win 2K. Almost always happens between 4-5pm, but not entirely; sometimes in the middle of the night when no one is on. I don't have anything happening on the server at that time. SOmetimes, no applications are even open.

The network share (M:) is not accessible on the server. I can get to the server shared resource by going through Network Places, etc, but not the M: drive. I need to logout and log in ( but don't need to reboot). It started happening on two Dell PC's running XP. 3 months later I added 2 more Dell PC's and it happens on those too. Again, Win 2K pcs (approx 7 of them) are unaffected. I tried swapping network cables, NIC cards, even bi-passed the Dell gigabit switch.

"Eric" wrote:

> Any more Ideas ?

I just had a user on our network with the same error and all I did was disable his wireless connection because it seemed to be conflicting with the hard wired connection and now he doesn't get that error anymore or have to reboot his computer to access his share drive.