A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Gnisis

I was just outside Gnisis when a little Kwama Forager attacked me.
Rather that blunt my weapon on him, I walked back to Gnisis to let the
guards take care of him. I always enjoy watching the guards as they
rush to defend their towns from an intruding creature.

To my absolute amazement, the little Kwama Forager took out the five
guards! Now there are no guards left in Gnisis! (They were all
individuals with names, so they're non-regenerating).

What a shock! The only thing I can think of to explain it is that
perhaps the guards' swords couldn't reach down low enough to hit the
damn thing, so they kept getting bitten without being able to
effectively hit back.

What do you think? (If you try it, let me know what happens. And save
the game first if you want to keep your guards.)

Big Boy

I had a couple of guards in Gnisis get killed when my low-level mage was
chased back into town by a hill ogrim. Usually the guards in places like
Ebonheart or the Moonmoth Legion Fort will kill the hill ogrim for me. In
this case, I had to do an end run around the hill ogrim, catch his attention
from the other side and then lead him back out of Gnisis again. I did a big
loop around to the north and lost him when he couldn't follow me across a
narrow rope bridge. Then I went over the hills and back into Gnisis to loot
the bodies of the hapless guards who'd given their lives for me. Wimps.

I was kind of surprised when the hill ogrim killed the guards, but then
again, he'd have done a pretty quick number on my lousy 46 health points.
But a Kwama Forager killing armed and armored guards? If I was a citizen of
Gnisis, I'd be chewing Darius out about his lousy training methods...

Clyde Spicer wrote:
> I had a couple of guards in Gnisis get killed when my low-level mage was
> chased back into town by a hill ogrim. Usually the guards in places like
> Ebonheart or the Moonmoth Legion Fort will kill the hill ogrim for me. In
> this case, I had to do an end run around the hill ogrim, catch his attention
> from the other side and then lead him back out of Gnisis again. I did a big
> loop around to the north and lost him when he couldn't follow me across a
> narrow rope bridge. Then I went over the hills and back into Gnisis to loot
> the bodies of the hapless guards who'd given their lives for me. Wimps.
>
> I was kind of surprised when the hill ogrim killed the guards, but then
> again, he'd have done a pretty quick number on my lousy 46 health points.
> But a Kwama Forager killing armed and armored guards? If I was a citizen of
> Gnisis, I'd be chewing Darius out about his lousy training methods...
>
> <appsil@myway.com> wrote in message
>
>>I was just outside Gnisis when a little Kwama Forager attacked me.
>>Rather that blunt my weapon on him, I walked back to Gnisis to let the
>>guards take care of him. I always enjoy watching the guards as they
>>rush to defend their towns from an intruding creature.
>>
>>To my absolute amazement, the little Kwama Forager took out the five
>>guards! Now there are no guards left in Gnisis! (They were all
>>individuals with names, so they're non-regenerating).
>>
>>What a shock! The only thing I can think of to explain it is that
>>perhaps the guards' swords couldn't reach down low enough to hit the
>>damn thing, so they kept getting bitten without being able to
>>effectively hit back.
>>
>>What do you think? (If you try it, let me know what happens. And save
>>the game first if you want to keep your guards.)
>>
>>Big Boy

the bug is the guards in gnisis all have short blades, which they have 0
skillpoints for, theres a patch somewhere that makes them have
longblades (the right weapons)

Ninereeds wrote:
> Clyde Spicer wrote:
>
>> I had a couple of guards in Gnisis get killed when my low-level mage
>> was chased back into town by a hill ogrim. Usually the guards in
>> places like Ebonheart or the Moonmoth Legion Fort will kill the hill
>> ogrim for me. In this case, I had to do an end run around the hill
>> ogrim, catch his attention from the other side and then lead him back
>> out of Gnisis again. I did a big loop around to the north and lost
>> him when he couldn't follow me across a narrow rope bridge. Then I
>> went over the hills and back into Gnisis to loot the bodies of the
>> hapless guards who'd given their lives for me. Wimps.
>>
>> I was kind of surprised when the hill ogrim killed the guards, but
>> then again, he'd have done a pretty quick number on my lousy 46 health
>> points. But a Kwama Forager killing armed and armored guards? If I
>> was a citizen of Gnisis, I'd be chewing Darius out about his lousy
>> training methods...
>>
>> <appsil@myway.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> I was just outside Gnisis when a little Kwama Forager attacked me.
>>> Rather that blunt my weapon on him, I walked back to Gnisis to let the
>>> guards take care of him. I always enjoy watching the guards as they
>>> rush to defend their towns from an intruding creature.
>>>
>>> To my absolute amazement, the little Kwama Forager took out the five
>>> guards! Now there are no guards left in Gnisis! (They were all
>>> individuals with names, so they're non-regenerating).
>>>
>>> What a shock! The only thing I can think of to explain it is that
>>> perhaps the guards' swords couldn't reach down low enough to hit the
>>> damn thing, so they kept getting bitten without being able to
>>> effectively hit back.
>>>
>>> What do you think? (If you try it, let me know what happens. And save
>>> the game first if you want to keep your guards.)
>>>
>>> Big Boy
>>>

> the bug is the guards in gnisis all have short blades, which they have 0
> skillpoints for, theres a patch somewhere that makes them have
> longblades (the right weapons)

found the patch

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/modcontrols/mod.asp?modid=1009

"Ninereeds" <aruun32@pipex.com> wrote in message
> Ninereeds wrote:
> > Clyde Spicer wrote:
> >
> >> I had a couple of guards in Gnisis get killed when my low-level mage
> >> was chased back into town by a hill ogrim. Usually the guards in
> >> places like Ebonheart or the Moonmoth Legion Fort will kill the hill
> >> ogrim for me. In this case, I had to do an end run around the hill
> >> ogrim, catch his attention from the other side and then lead him back
> >> out of Gnisis again. I did a big loop around to the north and lost
> >> him when he couldn't follow me across a narrow rope bridge. Then I
> >> went over the hills and back into Gnisis to loot the bodies of the
> >> hapless guards who'd given their lives for me. Wimps.
> >>
> >> I was kind of surprised when the hill ogrim killed the guards, but
> >> then again, he'd have done a pretty quick number on my lousy 46 health
> >> points. But a Kwama Forager killing armed and armored guards? If I
> >> was a citizen of Gnisis, I'd be chewing Darius out about his lousy
> >> training methods...
> >>
> >> <appsil@myway.com> wrote in message

> > the bug is the guards in gnisis all have short blades, which they have 0
> > skillpoints for, theres a patch somewhere that makes them have
> > longblades (the right weapons)
>
> found the patch
>
> http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/modcontrols/mod.asp?modid=1009

Thank you Ninereeds. I use an x-box, though! :(

TRENDING THREADS