Cannot map drives across AD domains to DC's

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 17, 2004 1:25:44 PM

For business reasons, our office has two Win 2000 AD domains. The
problem: we can no longer map drives or NET USE from machines on DomainA
to the DC's of DomainB. We are using DomainB\userid credentials. We can
map drives to member servers and worksttns on DomainB. And we can map
from DomainB to any system on DomainA (using DomainA credentials). And
we can map from DomainB to DC's on DomainB. Previously, we could map
from DomainA to DomainB DC's. Also, one machine that was recently
removed and then re-joined to DomainB cannot map drives to or even
browse the shares of the DC's of DomainB, even when logged in with an
adminstrator account. None of the attempts to map drives show up in
event viewer on either DC. All of the other machines of DomainB can map
and browse the DC's. Does this ring a bell with anyone? I've looked at
GP and log on locally to domain controller contains both admins and
domain users.

A NET USE command yields "System error 5 has ocurred. Access denied"

Ideas appreciated. TIA
Garry

More about : map drives domains

Anonymous
May 21, 2004 3:18:12 PM

Thank you very much for your reply. I checked those rights in the GP
snap-in, the Groups were listed as you indicated. While in there, I
opened up he auditing policy to show both successful and failed login
attempts in the event log. The only event's that are listing are
replications , the logon attempts from across the domain are not
registering. Very odd. Any other ideas? Thanks again
Garry

In article <ENWXxcaPEHA.3800@cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl>, a-
KBower@online.microsoft.com says...

!