Computer Service Tool Kit

dizarky

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
I'm starting to do some pro work building computers, and also just for my own needs, I need to get a good tool set. Any recommendations?

dizarky

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
well I need a sturdy one, and that looks a little cheap, plus the reviews aren't too great. I'm not too concerned about price, just need something that will last a long time and is of good quality.

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
That is actually very handy. Ever dropped a screw and had it slide between the PSU and the mobo or something? Nice to have a magnetic screwdriver then. But you dont want to use a magnetic one to screw the screws into your HDD cage, so just de-magnetize it :) Cool little tool that I use often.

That is actually very handy. Ever dropped a screw and had it slide between the PSU and the mobo or something? Nice to have a magnetic screwdriver then. But you dont want to use a magnetic one to screw the screws into your HDD cage, so just de-magnetize it :) Cool little tool that I use often.

$2.99 at home depot. If you know me, yes my wife was with me and I slipped it in the cart. :D She paid. :roll:

That seems very useful, thanks. But any tool set recommendations?

I wasn't kidding, that tool magnetizer is a great tool I use everytime I open my toolbox. My toolbox is one I have put together over the years. In the bottom I have an assortment of one gallon zip lock baggies each filled with different computer parts like connectors, extensions, cables, zip ties, various cable and connectors. On the top I keep screwdrives of all sizes, needlenosed pliers, etc. And of course my screwdriver magnetizer. :D I can just grab up my tool box and have pretty much everything I need to troubleshoot someone's computer.

If you have a FRY's Elctronics near you, they carry a pretty nice assortment of computer tool kits. Here is there online link.

http://outpost.com/