win 2000 server

please can anyone help me to increase the size of my
active partion on my win2000 server machine

Thankyou

I will try DISKPART.EXE incase it works. I have been told else where that I will need to have contiguous disk space after C. drive if I am to have any chance.

If I move D. drive to a new partition created in free space available and then delete D. drive, perform the partition resize (assuming it will work), can i then recreate D. drive put back All folders as they were and suffer no loss of usability?

I am also told that I can resize the OS partition by running Win2000 install/repair after creating myself contiguous disk space as above. Does this seem a viable course of action to you?

----- Ashok Nair [MSFT] wrote: -----

Hi Leigh,

Only the extension of data volumes are supported. System or boot volumes
may be blocked from being extended.

DISKPART.EXE can be used for extending a data volume.

For information on how to use DISKPART.EXE, visit the following Knowledge
Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325590&Product=win20
00

However, there are third party utilities which can expand even the system
partition.

An example would be Symantec's Partition Magic. To know about the features
of Partition Magic, you can visit the following site:

http://www.symantec.com/partitionmagic

HTH

Ashok

Note:

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site.
You should know that third party sites are not under the control of
Microsoft. Accordingly, Microsoft can make no representation concerning
the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only
as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not
tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore
cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or
suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent
dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft
cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before
retrieving any software on the Internet