"Access is denied" while trying to delete folder

On a 2000 Server, logged in as Administrator, I get the "access is denied"
while trying to delete a folder with many sub-folders. The folders are not
encrypted in any way, and the folder shows that the Administrator has full
access and deletion rights.
Can anyone solve this mystery?
2 answers Last reply
More about access denied delete folder

    Sounds like the "Administrator" group doesn't have enough access to delete
    all the subfolders. Does "Administrator" have the "Delete Subfolders and
    Files" permission on the parent folder?

    "Brian Hart" <wpi@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > On a 2000 Server, logged in as Administrator, I get the "access is denied"
    > while trying to delete a folder with many sub-folders. The folders are
    > not
    > encrypted in any way, and the folder shows that the Administrator has full
    > access and deletion rights.
    > Can anyone solve this mystery?

    try this: highlight the directory-right click-properties-
    security-advance-take ownership -highliht administrato-
    check subfolders option and click OK
    It will re-take the ownership of the directory and files
    and subdirectories and then you will be able to delete
    the directory.

File System Microsoft Windows