file system

usman

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

i have to ask one question that by converting the file
system FAT32 to NTFS, will my whole the data on that
partition will be erased or not or any data will be lost
or not

dl

The conversion will not cause any lose, however backup is allways
reccommended

usman wrote:
> i have to ask one question that by converting the file
> system FAT32 to NTFS, will my whole the data on that
> partition will be erased or not or any data will be lost
> or not
The mere fact that you asked this question is, in my opinion, an
indication that you would be well advised to stick to FAT32. The
benefits of NTFS are less than obvious for an individual, non
professional use and a good understanding of the constraints of NTFS is
necessary before making the jump if you do not want to regret it.

--
John Doue