Label Printers

mark

I am looking for a label printer. Something a bit more robust than the
"Dymo" line (I've burnt up too many of these). I have been looking at the
Zebra line (Like a LP 2844) But I'm having a hard time finding a local
supplier. Here's what I would like-

Print labels 4" wide
Direct thermal
Ethernet connection

I will be putting this on a Windows server centric network and print from a
variety of windows workstations (XP, 2000, 98), mainly from MS Access.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Mark

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

The cost and availability of updated drivers alway put me off when it came
to special purpose label printers.

"Mark" <marklb@bogus.net> wrote in message
>I am looking for a label printer. Something a bit more robust than the
>"Dymo" line (I've burnt up too many of these). I have been looking at the
>Zebra line (Like a LP 2844) But I'm having a hard time finding a local
>supplier. Here's what I would like-
>
> Print labels 4" wide
> Direct thermal
> Ethernet connection
>
> I will be putting this on a Windows server centric network and print from
> a variety of windows workstations (XP, 2000, 98), mainly from MS Access.
>
> Anybody have any suggestions?
>
> Mark

"Mark" <marklb@bogus.net> wrote in message
>I am looking for a label printer. Something a bit more robust than the
>"Dymo" line (I've burnt up too many of these). I have been looking at the
>Zebra line (Like a LP 2844) But I'm having a hard time finding a local
>supplier. Here's what I would like-
>
> Print labels 4" wide
> Direct thermal
> Ethernet connection
>
> I will be putting this on a Windows server centric network and print from
> a variety of windows workstations (XP, 2000, 98), mainly from MS Access.
>
> Anybody have any suggestions?
>
> Mark

You ask for a local supplier, but you don't say where you are!

mark

"Caitlin" <caitlin_online_nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Mark" <marklb@bogus.net> wrote in message
>>I am looking for a label printer. Something a bit more robust than the
>>"Dymo" line (I've burnt up too many of these). I have been looking at the
>>Zebra line (Like a LP 2844) But I'm having a hard time finding a local
>>supplier. Here's what I would like-
>>
>> Print labels 4" wide
>> Direct thermal
>> Ethernet connection
>>
>> I will be putting this on a Windows server centric network and print from
>> a variety of windows workstations (XP, 2000, 98), mainly from MS Access.
>>
>> Anybody have any suggestions?
>>
>> Mark
>
> You ask for a local supplier, but you don't say where you are!

I didn't ask for a local supplier, I was looking for an alternative to
Zebra, because I couldn't find a local supplier.

> "Caitlin" <caitlin_online_nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > "Mark" <marklb@bogus.net> wrote in message
> >>I am looking for a label printer. Something a bit more robust than the
> >>"Dymo" line (I've burnt up too many of these). I have been looking at
the
> >>Zebra line (Like a LP 2844) But I'm having a hard time finding a local
> >>supplier. Here's what I would like-
> >>
> >> Print labels 4" wide
> >> Direct thermal
> >> Ethernet connection
> >>
> >> I will be putting this on a Windows server centric network and print
from
> >> a variety of windows workstations (XP, 2000, 98), mainly from MS
Access.

> >> Anybody have any suggestions?
> >>
> >> Mark
> >
> > You ask for a local supplier, but you don't say where you are!
> >
> I didn't ask for a local supplier, I was looking for an alternative to
> Zebra, because I couldn't find a local supplier.

Suggestion:
(1) Go to www.epson.com
(2) Choose your location
(3) Select 'Products / Printers'
(4) Select either 'Impact Printers' or 'Point of Sale Prtinters'

Some of Epson's Industrial printers are quite reliable. For instance, the
"TM-L90 Label Printer" has a reliability rating (specification) of MTBF
360,000 hours, or
MCBF 70 million lines, but that model will only print on paper up to 90 mm
wide (3.53"). One web page that shows that model is

http://pos.epson.com/products/TM-L90.htm

for the USA web site.

mark

"RSD99" <rsdwla.NOSPAM@gte.net> wrote in message
> "Mark" <marklb@bogus.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Caitlin" <caitlin_online_nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> ..
>> >
>> > "Mark" <marklb@bogus.net> wrote in message
> the

> from
> Access.

>> > You ask for a local supplier, but you don't say where you are!
>> >
>> I didn't ask for a local supplier, I was looking for an alternative to
>> Zebra, because I couldn't find a local supplier.
>>

> Suggestion:
> (1) Go to www.epson.com
> (2) Choose your location
> (3) Select 'Products / Printers'
> (4) Select either 'Impact Printers' or 'Point of Sale Prtinters'
>
> Some of Epson's Industrial printers are quite reliable. For instance, the
> "TM-L90 Label Printer" has a reliability rating (specification) of MTBF
> 360,000 hours, or
> MCBF 70 million lines, but that model will only print on paper up to 90 mm
> wide (3.53"). One web page that shows that model is
>
> http://pos.epson.com/products/TM-L90.htm
>
> for the USA web site.

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know epson did thermal. But alas the
TM-L90 is the widest, and according to the data sheet, (not the web page) it
only takes stock 80mm wide. Not quite wide enough

Mark

> > Suggestion:
> > (1) Go to www.epson.com
> > (2) Choose your location
> > (3) Select 'Products / Printers'
> > (4) Select either 'Impact Printers' or 'Point of Sale Prtinters'
> >
> > Some of Epson's Industrial printers are quite reliable. For instance,
the
> > "TM-L90 Label Printer" has a reliability rating (specification) of MTBF
> > 360,000 hours, or
> > MCBF 70 million lines, but that model will only print on paper up to 90
mm
> > wide (3.53"). One web page that shows that model is
> >
> > http://pos.epson.com/products/TM-L90.htm
> >
> > for the USA web site.
>

> Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know epson did thermal. But alas
the
> TM-L90 is the widest, and according to the data sheet, (not the web page)
it
> only takes stock 80mm wide. Not quite wide enough
>
> Mark

Call their rep ... they probably have many designs that are not "catalog
items."

Latest posts