delete message, remove from IMAP server (??)

January 6, 2005 11:57:02 AM

I suppose my real question is: is there some definitive documentation on
Pocket Outlook for WindowsMobile 2003 ?

I'm using Pocket Outlook on WindowsMobile 2003, and I'm using IMAP4 to talk
to my e-mail server (it's not an Exchange server, if that matters.)

No matter what configuration settings I use, I get this behavior:
- I delete messages;
- I say "empty deleted messages";
- I check my e-mail, and all the deleted messages come back!!
That is, they don't get deleted on the IMAP server.

Is there some "official" document that says whether this is the way it's
supposed to be? I've seen contradictory answers to this question on
newsgroups, and I'm posting here only because I can't find anything
resembling a Pocket Outlook 2002 Manual.

Thanks!
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 8:33:52 PM

jbasista@nospam.net wrote:
> I suppose my real question is: is there some definitive documentation
> on Pocket Outlook for WindowsMobile 2003 ?
>
> I'm using Pocket Outlook on WindowsMobile 2003, and I'm using IMAP4
> to talk to my e-mail server (it's not an Exchange server, if that
> matters.)
>
> No matter what configuration settings I use, I get this behavior:
> - I delete messages;
> - I say "empty deleted messages";
> - I check my e-mail, and all the deleted messages come back!!
> That is, they don't get deleted on the IMAP server.
>
> Is there some "official" document that says whether this is the way
> it's supposed to be? I've seen contradictory answers to this
> question on newsgroups, and I'm posting here only because I can't
> find anything resembling a Pocket Outlook 2002 Manual.
>
> Thanks!

I had the same problem with a unix imap server and found the it works as
expected with the imap exchange server .

Andy
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 8:33:53 PM

"Andy Clark" wrote:

> jbasista@nospam.net wrote:
> > . . . Pocket Outlook on WindowsMobile 2003, . . . IMAP4 . . .
> > . .
> > - I check my e-mail, and all the deleted messages come back!!

> I had the same problem with a unix imap server and found the it works as
> expected with the imap exchange server .

Thanks, that's a very helpful observation. I'm not sure which IMAP server
we're using, but it is on a Linux box.
!