frs-staging area question

KS

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

Can someone tell me what determines where this staginf area is created?
I have 2 networks
On network one on the BDC it got created on D:eek:n network two on the BDC it got created on H:Both BDC's are exactly the same

any ideas?

Please post FRS questions to microsoft.public.windows.server.dfs_frs.

If you used the DFS GUI (dfsgui.msc) to set up your replica, it probably
tried to find a local drive with a lot of free space. If you need to, you
can move the staging folder location.

How to Reset the File Replication Service Staging Folder to a Different
Logical Drive
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291823

--Richard

Please post FRS related questions to microsoft.public.windows.server.dfs_frs
and prefix the subject line with "FRS:" to make it easier to spot. Note that
FRS is used to replicate SYSVOL on domain controllers and DFS root and link
targets.

For additional FRS resources, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/frs.