Sign in with
Your question

Is it really worth buying 60$ mouse for bf2

Last response: in Systems
August 26, 2006 12:36:36 PM

I am planning to buy a razer copperhead to improve my gaming skill in bf2. Do you think it will make a noticable difference? Now I am using a 800 regular mouse. Please gimme some advice

More about : worth buying mouse bf2

August 26, 2006 1:11:49 PM

I would say yes, I bought the Logitech G7 wireless gaming mouse for BF2 and I am a better player with it. I would recommend this mouse over any other, it has 2 swappable battery packs so you never need to stop using it to charge and it is so responsive and I only have it on the lowest setting.
August 26, 2006 2:52:11 PM

$60 is alot for a mouse. There are plenty of gaming mice for much cheaper. But a new mouse may be a good idea, I just dont see getting a $60 one.
Related resources
August 26, 2006 2:58:19 PM

What can be for example? Can you give any specific brands and models?
August 26, 2006 3:21:02 PM

Well i think that if you already have a optical mouse, that you will be ok. And this is my reason: your used to this mouse.

I stepped from a ball-mouse to the logitech mx510 i have now. That was a big improvement.
August 26, 2006 3:26:13 PM

yes ı have a 800 dpi wireless optical a4tech mouse and keyboard(advanced office set) will it still be a big improvement if ı buy the copperhead?
August 26, 2006 3:28:55 PM

Quote:
What can be for example? Can you give any specific brands and models?

The best mouse currently available is the Logitech G5 (wired) or G7 (wireless). Many on the board (including myself) will atest to that.

The G5 is around $51, G7 around $71.

I LOVE my G5, its the best mouse I have ever used period.
August 26, 2006 3:30:43 PM

Yeah, It's owrth every penny, I play Counter-Strike Source a lot....but was never really good enoguh for the cal league....

I decided to buy the Logitech G7 cordless laser mouse and in less than a week I got into cal. My friends also noticed that I was much more accurate....possibly because i can switch from 400>800>2000 (or user set dpi modes) on the fly....which make sniping (400dpi) or just pistol walkin' (2000dpi) a lot easier.

This mouse is by far...hands down....the best mouse ever.
August 26, 2006 3:49:04 PM

Quote:
I am planning to buy a razer copperhead to improve my gaming skill in bf2. Do you think it will make a noticable difference? Now I am using a 800 regular mouse. Please gimme some advice

Razers are overpriced and overrated(nothing personal to you Razer users) Like shadowduck, i too own a G5, and is by far the best mouse I have ever used. Has adjustbale settings on the mouse from 400dpi, to 1000, to 2000dpi. Theres also weights that you can adjust to make the mouse feel even more comfortable. Its wired, so no need to ever need batteries. Highly recommend this mouse, i love it :D 
August 26, 2006 3:55:03 PM

any person who thinks a mouse will improve their gaming skills is a massive tool.

-----

I have won a quake 3 tournament with my old ass 4 year old mouse. old a55 mouse

August 26, 2006 3:59:31 PM

as long as the mouse is decently ergonomic and it is either microsoft/logitech. Then you are fine.

If your current mouse looks anything remotely like an apple2 mouse... then you should probably upgrade.

its all about your own skill. ~95% skill. ~3% misc. <2% mouse.
August 26, 2006 4:06:19 PM

thanks everybody bu t ı am still confused. what is the percentage of the importance of a mouse for games such as bf2 and call of duty2 in your opinion?

Should I buy a high end mouse or not? I am in turkey and these toys are really expensive because of that ı should be more careful deciding to buy or not.
August 26, 2006 4:09:31 PM

YES!!

i recently had the same issue with counterstrike, and i figured i'd go for it...

ive had a razer copperhead for a month now and it was an excellent decision.

I recommend it over the g7 because of the poor battery quality( trust me my friend has had one for the longest.) and the battery life went weaker and weaker and finally Poof no more g7

well i dont trust too many wireless things anyway. The razer is an excellent mouse, But is very light. if you like the idea of a light mouse that weighs like a gram then go for it i love the light feel it makes movement easier.

the g7 mouse is quit heavy and feels more solid, might now quite get the same feel in performance.

its all a matter of opinion but personally

Im amazed you will LITERALLY need 70% LESS MOVEMENT to do things. its amazing...

Remember you get what you pay for i've never been happier
August 26, 2006 4:35:58 PM

What about an MX518, maybe this mouse is something?
August 26, 2006 5:58:09 PM

Quote:
What about an MX518, maybe this mouse is something?

I bought the MX518 Gaming mouse for just $45 from Newegg. I got it cuz my old logitech wireless mouse sometimes laggs plus is worn out =( MX518 has up to 1600 dpi and no lags since its corded
August 26, 2006 6:20:20 PM

As a BF2 addict, the Logitech MX series is all you need. Get the G5 if you want to feel cool, but the MX will level the playing field. Some people simply have better twitch skills so it won't win you any Quake 3 championships through a mouse, but it will give you the same chance everyone else has to get the drop.

BlackOps_RedRaider
First Seargant
BlackOps Platoon BF2 Clan
www.blackopsplatoon.com
:wink:
!