BlackCloud

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Ok, there's something thats been bugging me ever since i got my new case. and that is, i have a spot on the top and side for a fan, however im not sure which direction those fans should be pointing. i know that the fans in the front should be blowing in the case and the fan in the back should be blowing out (obviously). but i cant find a logical way to put these fans on the top and side. any ideas from anyone?

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Well if you have some top side fans then it should be pointing outward. Blowing air up and away from inside the case is logical since hot air rises. Do you have any side fans, like ones that blows air directly to the HSF of the cpu. If not then you should be looking to modding you side panel and place one 120mm fan to draw cool air in and towards the cpu cooler for increase cooling. This side fan makes a difference.

Human1

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
Yeah, top out, side in. Cool air from the bottom, expel the hot out the ol' blowhole.
I did a lot of testing with my case a long time ago and found that the blowhole didn't make a bit of difference, so I don't have a fan there, but it may work for you.

BlackCloud

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
ok it happened where by luck thats the way the fans were facing. thanks for all your help though guys, really appreciate it.