TEMP Files

Can I safely delete files shown in C:\Windows\Temp with
a .TMP extension? I'm trying to increase hard drive space
and have about 400 of these files, some dating back
several years. Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about temp files

    Yes, go ahead and do it. In fact, you can probably delete everything in
    temp - if a file is in use it won't allow you to delete it, but you can
    delete everything else.

    B.D.S. wrote:
    > Can I safely delete files shown in C:\Windows\Temp with
    > a .TMP extension? I'm trying to increase hard drive space
    > and have about 400 of these files, some dating back
    > several years. Thanks.

File System Microsoft Hard Drives Windows