Extending a volume

Is there any method by which I can extend a volume that
was created on a BASIC disk on a hardware RAID 5 system
to the new disk I have added to the RAID? I keep hitting
the "Cannot extend a volume that was not created on a
dynamic disk" wall.
2 answers Last reply
More about extending volume

    Jerry

    If the disk is still a basic disk, use diskpart.exe, as described in this
    MS Knowledge Base article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325590

    If the disk is dynamic, no, as far as I am aware, there is no method to
    extend a dynamic volume that once was a partition on a basic disk, except
    with backup, delete, recreate, restore.

    Is this a system or boot volume?

    Best regards

    Bjorn

    "Jerry Howell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Is there any method by which I can extend a volume that
    >was created on a BASIC disk on a hardware RAID 5 system
    >to the new disk I have added to the RAID? I keep hitting
    >the "Cannot extend a volume that was not created on a
    >dynamic disk" wall.

    I've done the same thing, but now the partition size is extended, but the file system remains the original size . What was wrong. Can this be rapired ?

NAS / RAID File System Microsoft Windows