Extending a volume

Is there any method by which I can extend a volume that
was created on a BASIC disk on a hardware RAID 5 system
to the new disk I have added to the RAID? I keep hitting
the "Cannot extend a volume that was not created on a
dynamic disk" wall.

Jerry

If the disk is still a basic disk, use diskpart.exe, as described in this
MS Knowledge Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325590

If the disk is dynamic, no, as far as I am aware, there is no method to
extend a dynamic volume that once was a partition on a basic disk, except
with backup, delete, recreate, restore.

Is this a system or boot volume?

Best regards

Bjorn

"Jerry Howell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there any method by which I can extend a volume that
>was created on a BASIC disk on a hardware RAID 5 system
>to the new disk I have added to the RAID? I keep hitting
>the "Cannot extend a volume that was not created on a
>dynamic disk" wall.

I've done the same thing, but now the partition size is extended, but the file system remains the original size . What was wrong. Can this be rapired ?