mobo and graphics card incompatible?

rhin0

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
Recently I have purchased from NEWEGG.COM your motherboard K9N PLATINUM also I have purchaced graphic card ASUS EAX1900XT. After I assembled all the parts together and start runing the computer it did not POST and no information was showing on the screen. Then we muved the graphic from the main slot (white) to the secondary (yellow) and all worked fine. Afterwards we took out the graphic card and we put different(EVGA 7800GT) one in the main slot(white) and this worked fine. At the same time we put the original graphic card in other computer and it worked fine. After all those changes we could not get to any conclusion what the cause to the problem because each part can work separatly but not together. They work togethe only when we put the graphic card in the secondary slot.

are they compatible and can work together?

rhin0

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
but they supposed to work together, right?
you think the card is faulty? what make you think so?
it works fine in another comp'.

Ulfbersark

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
sorry Rhino but you should have done a little more research. ATI vid cards and Nvidia vid cards do not work together with an SLI board.

rhin0

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
I think you misunderstand me. please read again my first messege again.
I ment that the graphics card (eax1900xt) doesnt want to work with this specific mobo (K9N PLATINUM). in other mobos there is no problem.

I didnt try do to SLI or CF arrey with ATI and Nvidia cards beause i know it wont work.
I just tried to run the ATI card with an Nvidia chipst and its partially working.